At Professional Bank, based in the Las Olas Boulevard office in Fort Lauderdale:
▪ Eric Servaites has been named executive vice president/Broward market leader. He was previously at Stonegate (now Centennial Bank). Servaites has a bachelor’s in finance from the University of Florida.
▪ Jill Roster has been named senior vice president/private banker. Roster, who also was at Stonegate, has a bachelor’s in business from Barry University.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Lee Stapleton has joined the Miami office of Carlton Fields as a shareholder in the business litigation section of the national trial practice group. She will also practice in the firm’s white collar crime and government investigations practice group. Stapleton was most recently a partner at K&L Gates. Stapleton, a former chief assistant U.S. attorney in the Southern District of Florida, has a bachelor, master’s and J.D. from the University of Florida.
At Cozen O’Connor, two members in the Miami office have been promoted to shareholders:
▪ Marc Auerbach counsels healthcare organizations, including physician groups, HMOs, hospitals and others. He has a J.D. from Temple University.
▪ Joseph F. Rich concentrates his practice on litigation matters, including product liability, general and professional negligence and other areas. He has a J.D. from Villanova.
At Greenberg Traurig, P.A., two shareholders have been added to the Miami office:
▪ L. Frank Cordero has joined the firm’s tax practice. He focuses his tax practice on mergers and acquisitions involving domestic and foreign public and private companies and private equity funds, corporate and partnership tax, business structuring and executive compensation. Cordero previously was chair of Akerman’s federal tax practice. He has a BBA in accounting, and an M.S. in taxation, from Florida International University, and a J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.
▪ Leanne Reagan has joined the firm’s employee benefits & compensation practice. She previously was a partner in Akerman’s employee benefits and executive compensation practice. Her practice focuses on advising public and private companies on the design and implementation of qualified and non-qualified retirement and deferred compensation plans and other employee benefit programs for both public and private companies. Reagan has a bachelor’s in political science from the University of Florida; an LL.M. in taxation from New York University; and a J.D. from Duke.
Anthony Hearn has joined Lubell Rosen as a partner in the Coral Gables office. His practice focuses on the representation of healthcare providers, provider groups, behavioral health systems, and other entities involved in the healthcare industry. Previously, Hearn was at Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin in Miami. He has a bachelor’s from Rollins College and a J.D. from UM.
At the Miami office of Lydecker Diaz:
▪ Forrest Andrews has been hired as a partner in the firm’s appellate division. Most recently, he served in the appellate division of the City of Miami Attorney’s office. Andrews has a bachelor’s in political science at the University of Delaware and studied law at Albany (N.Y.) Law School.
▪ Patrick Russell was recently hired as a partner. He previously was ethics trial counsel for The Florida Bar, and before that, he managed his own law firm. Russell is a graduate of Marquette University and the University of Miami’s law school.
Mauro Baz has been promoted to general manager at Hogarth Miami. He was previously Miami office lead, Hogarth Miami.
This space lists promotions of executives at the director level and above who are based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. Announcements, also at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions — not for board or volunteer positions. Send items, with jpeg of a head shot, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the word ‘Movers’ in the subject field of the email.
Name: Amy Federman
New position: Vice president of corporate communications at Ryder System. As head of the global team, Federman leads the company’s external and internal communications initiatives. She also leads the Ryder Charitable Foundation.
From: Director, corporate communications at Bacardi Limited.
About: Ryder offers commercial fleet management, dedicated transportation and supply chain management, and is a Fortune 500 company. Ryder is also a member of the American Red Cross Disaster Responder program.
Also: Federman spent 14 years at Burson-Marsteller (now Burson Cohn & Wolfe), where she was managing director of the media affairs practice in Miami. Since 2007, she has been a board member of the Make-A-Wish Southern Florida chapter, where she chairs the brand-advancement committee and is a member of the executive committee.
Education: Federman has a bachelor’s in communications from University of Miami with a double major in broadcast journalism and politics & public affairs, and a minor in criminal law.
Best advice she ever received: Walking away, or into the unknown, is not a weakness. More often than not, it’s a sign of great strength.
See past senior-level hires and promotions in South Florida for 2017-2018:▪ Jan. 2, 2017▪ Jan. 9, 2017▪ Jan. 16, 2017▪ Jan. 23, 2017▪ Jan. 30, 2017▪ Feb. 6, 2017▪ Feb. 13, 2017▪ Feb. 20, 2017▪ Feb. 27, 2017▪ March 6, 2017▪ March 13, 2017▪ March 20, 2017▪ March 27, 2017▪ April 3, 2017▪ April 10, 2017▪ April 17, 2017▪ April 24, 2017▪ May 1, 2017▪ May 8, 2017▪ May 15, 2017▪ May 22, 2017▪ May 29, 2017▪ June 5, 2017▪ June 12, 2017▪ June 19, 2017▪ June 26, 2017▪ July 3, 2017▪ July 10, 2017▪ July 17, 2017▪ July 24, 2017▪ July 31, 2017▪ Aug. 7, 2017▪ Aug. 14, 2017▪ Aug. 21, 2017▪ Aug. 28, 2017▪ Sept. 4, 2017▪ Sept. 11, 2017(No Movers ran on Sept. 18, 2017)▪ Sept. 25, 2017▪ Oct. 3, 2017▪ Oct. 9, 2017▪ Oct. 16, 2017▪ Oct. 23, 2017▪ Oct. 31, 2017▪ Nov. 5, 2017▪ Nov. 13, 2017▪ Nov. 20, 2017(No Movers ran on Nov. 27, 2017)▪ Dec. 4, 2017▪ Dec. 11, 2017▪ Dec. 18, 2017(No Movers ran on Jan. 1, 2018)▪ Jan. 8, 2018▪ Jan. 15, 2018▪ Jan. 22, 2018▪ Jan. 29, 2018▪ Feb. 5, 2018▪ Feb. 12, 2018▪ Feb. 19, 2018▪ Feb. 26, 2018▪ March 5, 2018▪ March 12, 2018▪ March 19, 2018▪ March 26 )(No Movers ran on April 2, 2018)▪ April 9, 2018▪ April 16, 2018▪ April 23, 2018▪ April 30, 2018▪ May 7, 2018 May 14, 2018 May 21, 2018 May 28, 2018 June 4, 2018 June 11, 2018June 18, 2018June 25, 2018 (No Movers ran on July 9) July 16, 2018 July 23, 2018 July 30, 2018 Aug. 6, 2018Aug. 13, 2018 Aug. 20, 2018 Aug. 27, 2018 Sept. 3, 2018Sept. 10, 2018 Sept. 17, 2018 Sept. 24, 2018 Oct. 1, 2018 Oct. 8, 2018 Oct. 15, 2018 (No Movers ran on Oct. 22, 2018) Oct. 29, 2018 Nov. 5, 2018 Nov. 12, 2018 Nov. 19, 2018 Nov. 26, 2018 Dec. 3, 2018