Eric Eimstad has been promoted to general manager of Miami Seaquarium. He was previously the park’s assistant general manager and chief marketing officer. Eimstad has a bachelor’s in biology, and an MBA, from the University of Miami.
Shalako Wiener has been named senior vice president, corporate banking at BankUnited in Miami Lakes. Most recently, Wiener served as senior vice president for global corporate banking at Banco Sabadell in Miami. Wiener holds a bachelor’s degree in math and physics from Lycée Français of Caracas; a master’s degree in business law from the Université Paris XI and HEC Business School in Paris, France; a law degree from the Universidad Católica Andrés Bello in Caracas, Venezuela.
Never miss a local story.
Jesse Gabuat has been named chief nursing officer of Plantation General Hospital, part of HCA East Florida. He most recently was associate chief nursing officer at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center. Gabuat has a bachelor’s in nursing from Colegio San Agustin in the Philippines and a master’s in nursing administration from Florida Atlantic University.
Nicolas Bour has been named executive chef at the Gates Hotel South Beach, a DoubleTree by Hilton property. He has been executive chef of Ocean House management in Rhode Island. Most recently, he competed on Food Network’s “Beat Bobby Flay” as the Season 13, round one winner.
At the Miami office of Cozen O’Connor:
▪ Susan Eisenberg has been named Miami office managing partner. She continues to be a member of the labor and employment practice at the firm.
▪ Martin Schrier has been promoted to chief strategy partner for the firm overall and will continue to be based in Miami. Schrier, the former Miami office managing partner for the firm, also continues to be a member of the corporate and mergers & acquisition practices at the firm.
▪ Jonathan Awner and Carl Roston have been named co-chairs of the corporate practice group, based in Miami. Awner was previously a partner. Roston was previously a co-chair of the M&A and private equity practice.
▪ Eric Rapkin is chair of the real estate practice group, based in Fort Lauderdale. He was previously the Fort Lauderdale office managing partner.
▪ Leslie Miller Tomczak will be Fort Lauderdale office managing partner. She was previously a partner at the firm.
At Holland & Knight:
▪ Kelly-Ann Cartwright, based in Miami, has been elected chair of the firm’s directors committee, which comprises 27 partners and is the policy-making body of the firm. She is executive partner of the firm’s Miami office and practiced in the areas of general civil and commercial litigation.
Francisco ‘Cisco’ Suarez has been promoted to executive vice president of prime-time realities and specials at Telemundo. He previously was senior vice president of special events for Univision Communications Inc. Suarez, who has received several Emmy awards for programs he produced, will be based in Miami.
This column lists high-level promotions of senior executives at the director level and above who are based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. These announcements, which also are at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions. Send items, including previous job; educational background; high-res jpegs of head shots and the website address of the company, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Movers” in the subject line.
Name: Neil Baxley
New position: Director of slot operations at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek.
From: Assistant director of slot operations.
Experience: Baxley previously was manager of Seminole Casino Big Cypress. He has also worked at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood and Seminole Classic Casino, Hollywood.
Also: He is an unofficial ambassador of the Seminole Tribe of Florida and Seminole Casino Coconut Creek. He works to recruit other members of the Seminole Tribe to participate in the Tribal Career Development Program.
Education: He is a graduate of Seminole Gaming’s Tribal Career Development Program and is also a graduate of the Excellence in Leadership Program of Seminole Gaming. He has a degree in electronics from ITT Technical Institute, formerly of Fort Lauderdale.
Best advice: Advice from my late grandmother: Be proud of who you are! And, from Albert Einstein: Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.