Libby Witherspoon has been named managing director, senior portfolio manager at Grove Bank & Trust. She previously led the investment management group in Miami for BNY Mellon Wealth Management. Witherspoon has a bachelor’s in business administration from Georgetown and an MBA from the University of Miami.
At Seminole Gaming:
▪ David Hoenemeyer has been named chief operating officer. He previously was at Caesars Entertainment in Las Vegas, where he was regional president of three Caesars Entertainment casinos. Hoenemeyer has a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
▪ Larry Buck has been named president of Seminole Casino Coconut Creek. He was general manager of Seminole Classic Casino in Hollywood.
▪ Edward Aguilar has been named general manager of Seminole Classic Casino in Hollywood. Aguilar, a member of the Seminole Tribe of Florida, was assistant general manager/vice president for Seminole Casino Hotel Immokalee.
Gino Santorio has been named acting CEO of Broward Health. He has been executive vice president and chief operating officer of Broward Health since 2017. Before that, he was senior vice president and chief executive officer for Jackson North Medical Center and was VP/COO of Jackson Memorial Hospital. Santorio has a bachelor’s in business leadership from Le Moyne College in Syracuse and a master’s in public administration from SUNY-Albany.
At South Florida Behavioral Health Network:
▪ John W. Newcomer, M.D., has been named president and chief executive officer. He was previously professor of integrated medical science at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.
▪ Laura Naredo has been named chief operating officer and senior vice president. She most recently was vice president of continuous quality improvement at the company. Naredo has a bachelor’s in psychology, and a master’s in mental health counseling, from Florida International University.
Jorge Ramos has been named director of food & beverage and culinary at Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach. He was previously the resort’s executive chef.
Susan Jay has been named associate vice president of major gifts for the southeast region for Birthright Israel Foundation and will be based in Miami. She most recently was executive director for advancement at the Florida International University College of Engineering and Computing. She also founded, and became director of, FIU’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Jay has a bachelor’s from Brandeis, a master’s from Simmons and a doctoral degree from FIU.
This space lists promotions of executives at the director level and above who are based in Broward, Miami-Dade or Monroe counties. Announcements, also at miamiherald.com, are for full-time, paid positions — not for board or volunteer positions. Send items, with jpeg of a head shot, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the word ‘Movers’ in the subject field of the email.
Name: Anthony Rios
New position: Chief operating officer at Avionica in Miami.
From: Vice president of sales at the company.
About: Rios will assume responsibility for engineering, marketing, operations and corporate alignments, as well as direct and prioritize the company’s investments. In his previous role as sales leader for the company, Rios oversaw the company's global sales in the United States, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa, Australia and South America.
Also: Rios joined Avionica in 2001 from Florida International University, where he was a Unix system administrator. At Avionica, he started as an engineering intern before becoming a software engineer. He was named research and development manager in 2007, then engineering director and vice president of engineering in 2008 and 2009, respectively. Rios was named vice president of sales in 2015. He is also a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.
Education: He has a bachelor’s in computer engineering from Florida International University, and also has an FAA commercial pilot license. ;
Best advice: The best advice I received is to show up, play hard, and have fun. That’s what I can control, so that’s what I focus on.