Grier: The ultimate goal is to win Super Bowls and championships and be a consistent winner,
More from the series
Meet Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores’ coaching staff
The Miami Dolphins hired Brian Flores to be the team’s next head coach on Mon., Feb. 4. Here are the coaches that will make up his staff.
Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores has hired Chad O’Shea as his offensive coordinator. Here’s what you need to know about O’Shea:
▪ Age: 46.
▪ Years coaching in NFL: 15.
▪ Previous stops (and titles): New England Patriots (Wide receivers coach, 2009-2018), Minnesota Vikings (wide receivers coach/assistant special teams coach 2008; wide receivers coach, 2007; offensive assistant, 2006), Kansas City Chiefs (assistant special teams coach, 2004-2005).
▪ Notable players coached: Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Sidney Rice.
▪ Analysis: O’Shea, a Houston native and former college quarterback who quickly chose the coaching route after his college career ended, will get his first opportunity to be a full-time coordinator after 15 years in various roles in the league. He spent a decade with the Patriots as their wide receivers coach.
▪ From Flores: “Chad is extremely smart, innovative and hard working. He brings a lot of energy to practice and meetings. Chad has a great rapport with players. He has earned the trust of a lot of guys he has worked with from Randy Moss to Wes Welker to Julian Edelman. Chad has gotten the most out of his players from the 10 years I have been around him.”