Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores has hired Chad O’Shea as his offensive coordinator. Here’s what you need to know about O’Shea:
▪ Age: 46.
▪ Years coaching in NFL: 15.
▪ Previous stops (and titles): New England Patriots (Wide receivers coach, 2009-2018), Minnesota Vikings (wide receivers coach/assistant special teams coach 2008; wide receivers coach, 2007; offensive assistant, 2006), Kansas City Chiefs (assistant special teams coach, 2004-2005).
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
▪ Notable players coached: Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Sidney Rice.
▪ Analysis: O’Shea, a Houston native and former college quarterback who quickly chose the coaching route after his college career ended, will get his first opportunity to be a full-time coordinator after 15 years in various roles in the league. He spent a decade with the Patriots as their wide receivers coach.
▪ From Flores: “Chad is extremely smart, innovative and hard working. He brings a lot of energy to practice and meetings. Chad has a great rapport with players. He has earned the trust of a lot of guys he has worked with from Randy Moss to Wes Welker to Julian Edelman. Chad has gotten the most out of his players from the 10 years I have been around him.”