What began with a verbal argument inside a Northeast Miami-Dade bar ended with one man dead and another charged with murder, according to police.
The shooting happened just after 4 a.m. Saturday at Tropicana Bar, 1057 NW 79th St.
Miami-Dade police say Jonathan Soto, 23, and Cornelius Goodman, 31, were inside when they began to argue. The fight turned physical and then Goodman pulled out a gun and shot Soto, police say.
Soto was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital Ryder Trauma Center, where he later died.
Never miss a local story.
Leads led police to Goodman, according to police.
Goodman was arrested and charged with second-degree murder with a deadly weapon and warrant for grand theft.
He was being held with no bond in Miami-Dade's Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center Sunday.
The shooting comes toward the end of a bloody month in South Florida.
▪ On Dec. 11, 43-year-old Alicia Roundtree was driving home from a store in Miami Gardens and was hit by a stray bullet.
▪ On Dec. 15, 2-year-old Carnell Williams-Thomas was killed while riding his new scooter in the courtyard of his family’s housing complex in Goulds.
▪ On the same night Carnell was shot, a 17-year-old boy was fatally shot at a mobile home park in Northwest Miami-Dade.
▪ On Thursday, a 16-year-old boy was shot multiple times at a Citgo service station on Northwest 103rd Street and 12th Avenue. Police say he was sitting in the passenger side while is friend went into the service station when someone opened fire on the car. The teen survived.
▪ On Friday, a 16-year-old was killed in West Little River, not far from Tropicana bar.