Labor Day weekend in South Florida is usually packed with events.
With Hurricane Dorian heading toward the state, some organizers have already canceled or rescheduled. Transportation is also affected, as are schools and attractions.
Here’s a list of canceled or changed events or schedules:
▪ Jungle Island will be closed Saturday-Tuesday.
▪ The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU, 301 Washington Ave., Miami Beach, is closed until further notice.
▪ Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM), as well as Verde restaurant, will close starting Saturday.
▪ The Miami Gardens Wine & Food Festival, scheduled for Thursday-Sunday, has been postponed to Nov. 7-10.
▪ The Rolling Stones concert at Hard Rock Stadium has been moved to Friday.
▪ Miami Home Design and Remodeling Show has been rescheduled to Sept. 13-15 at Mana Wynwood Convention Center, 318 NW 23rd St.
▪ The Labor Day Reggae Splash Festival at Gro Wynwood, 2700 NW Second Ave., has been postponed. A new date has not been set.
▪ Pinecrest’s DUI Victims’ Remembrance Ceremony, scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday at Evelyn Greer Park, has been canceled.
▪ Summer Music in the Park, scheduled from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Hortt Park in Fort Lauderdale, has been canceled.
▪Fort Lauderdale’s Sunday Jazz Brunch scheduled for Sunday along the Riverwalk has been canceled.
▪ The Igloo Cooler Festival scheduled for Sunday at Snyder Park in Fort Lauderdale has been canceled.
▪ The Firecracker Criterium & Labor Day Classic cycling races scheduled for Monday at Snyder Park have been canceled.
▪ Siempre Flamenco’s Sunday performance at the Adrienne Arsht Center has been canceled. The performances on Friday and Saturday will go on.
▪ Davie’s Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Recycling events has been rescheduled to Sept. 7 at Pine Island Park, 3801 S. Pine Island Road. Davie’s Prescription Drug Collection and Shred-A-Thon events are canceled.
▪Marco Antonio Solis has rescheduled his two Florida shows, Aug. 31 in Miami and Sept. 1 in Orlando, for Oct. 20 in Orlando and Oct. 26 in Miami.
▪ Jazz at MOCA, to take place Friday, is canceled
▪ Hollywood’s Dream Car Classic scheduled for Sunday has been canceled.
▪ Wells Fargo branches in Monroe, Miami-Dade, and Broward counties will close at noon Saturday.
Parks/county and state facilities
▪ All Broward County campgrounds, rental halls, and water parks will be closed beginning Saturday.
▪ Everglades National Park and Biscayne National Park are closed until further notice.
▪ The Miami-Dade County Property Appraiser’s TRIM outreach event scheduled for 5 p.m. Tuesday at Milander Center to allow property owners to review their Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM) has been canceled. The previously scheduled events on Sept. 12 at the West Dade Regional Library and Sept. 16 at the North Dade Regional Library will proceed as planned.
▪ Temple Judea in Coral Gables will close its sanctuary following its 9 p.m. Friday services. All weekend activities have been canceled.
▪ Trinity Cathedral, 464 NE 16th St. in Miami, has canceled all services and activities for Sunday.
▪ Miami-Dade and Broward Public Schools are closed through Monday.
▪ Archdiocese of Miami Catholic schools will be closed on Tuesday.
▪ University of Miami has canceled classes and events at the Coral Gables, marine, and medical campuses. Classes will resume Wednesday, Sept. 4.
▪ Barry University campuses in Miami Shores and throughout the state are closed until further notice. The school’s sites in Nassau and Freeport, Bahamas, are also closed.
▪ Florida Atlantic University campuses will be closed from Saturday-Monday.
▪ Florida International University canceled classes at all campuses and online through the weekend. Beginning at noon Sunday, the university will close.
▪ Miami Dade College campuses have canceled classes through Tuesday.
▪ Broward College campuses and partnership centers will close at noon, Saturday, and remain closed until further notice.
▪ St. Thomas University canceled classes and campus will be closed from Saturday through Wednesday.
▪ Hillel Community School will be closed Tuesday.
▪ Miami Country Day School will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
▪ Amtrak has canceled Southeast services from Saturday to Monday including trains from Miami to New York. Check train status on Amtrak.com or on Amtrak’s app.
▪ Virgin Trains, formerly known as Brightline, will suspend service noon Saturday. The express train will complete all Friday runs. Tickets have also been reduced to $5 through Saturday.