John Cena’s historic 15-year career will be commemorated in video game form as 2K announced plans for the “Cena (Nuff) Edition” of “WWE 2K18.”
Limited to 30,000 copies worldwide, the surefire collector’s item is set for release exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $149.99.
One of the perks of purchasing this edition is it provides the opportunity for early access to the game and in-game bonuses beginning four days early on Friday, Oct. 13 for the PS4 system and Xbox One. In addition, those who purchase the ”WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition,” available in both physical and digital varieties at participating retailers, also ensure early access game copies and in-game bonuses – including all “Cena (Nuff) Edition” digital content – beginning four days early on Friday, Oct. 13 for the PS4 and Xbox One.
The “Cena (Nuff) Edition” is jam-packed with goodies sure to excite loyal members of the CeNation including:
Never miss a local story.
- Copy of “WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition” video game, which includes the following items:
- “WWE 2K18 “ Season Pass digital content (details announced this fall);
- Playable WWE Legends and John Cena Rivals: Batista and Rob Van Dam;
- Playable John Cena Characters: ECW One Night Stand (2006) and WrestleMania 26(2010);
- Kurt Angle Pack: Access to WWE “American Hero” (2001) and ECW “Wrestling Machine” (2006) playable characters;
- Exclusive premium packaging, including a unique cover sleeve;
- Exclusive Mattel John Cena / Cena Nuff action figure featuring Cena and Cena (Nuff) t-shirt options;
- Fanatics Limited Edition Commemorative Plaque with a piece of the ring mat from his 16th WWE Championship at Royal Rumble earlier this year, as well as a hand-signed photo from John Cena;
- WWE SuperCard limited edition in-game cards featuring John Cena, Batista and Rob Van Dam, as well as a Cena (Nuff) card back.
“Whether you love him or love to hate him, there is no denying the hustle, dedication and impact of a guy like John Cena,” Chris Snyder, vice president of marketing at 2K, said in a release marking the announcement. “There will never be anyone else like him – a testament to his character and our ”Be Like No One” campaign – and it makes him the perfect fit to honor with a fun, yet memorable collector’s edition that’s a must-have for any WWE fan.”
Since his main roster television debut in 2002 against Kurt Angle, Cena has captured the adulation and anger of the WWE Universe. Over the years the marquee performer emerged as the company’s franchise player, parlaying his monumental success into other forms of entertainment.
“WWE 2K18” is currently scheduled for worldwide release on Oct. 17 for the PS4 system and Xbox One, as well as in Fall 2017 for Nintendo Switch.
- WWE in Miami
WWE is returning to South Florida with a WWE house show (no TV) as part of its SummerSlam Heatwave Tour, featuring SmackDown superstars on Sunday, Aug. 13 at 5 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, home of the three-time NBA champion Miami Heat.
See WWE Champion Jinder Mahal, United States Champion AJ Styles, SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi, SmackDown Tag Team Champs The Usos, Mr. Money in the Bank Baron Corbin, Charlotte Flair, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Natalya, Shinsuke Nakamura, The New Day, Dolph Ziggler, Becky Lynch, Sami Zayn, The Ascension, Carmella and more. Talent subject to change.
Special VIP Packages available.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience.
WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide in 25 languages.
WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 180 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.
For information on its global activities, go to
- Pro Wrestling On The Web
YouTube jim varsallone (jimmyv3 channel)