WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced that it has signed seven new recruits from China to developmental contracts.
Big Boa, Gu Guangming, Gao Lei, Zhao Xia, Wang Xiaolong, Yifeng and Cheng Yuxiang were discovered earlier this year during a four-day tryout in Shanghai and will begin training at the state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center in Orlando in January 2017.
WrestleZone YouTube link via WWE
The signing of these new recruits further cements WWE’s long-term commitment in China.
In June, WWE announced an exclusive multi-year content distribution agreement with PPTV to deliver its flagship shows Raw and SmackDown Live in Mandarin. Also, Bin Wang was the first Chinese talent signed to a developmental contract.
The seven new recruits will attend WWE Live China at the Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, on Saturday, Sept. 10 and witness history as Bin Wang, from Anhui, makes his WWE in-ring debut vs. WWE Superstar Bo Dallas.
“WWE is dedicated to finding the most talented athletes and entertainers from around the world,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “The seven athletes identified at WWE’s first-ever tryout in China will be given the opportunity to train at the WWE Performance Center, in the hopes of becoming the next big WWE Superstar, while also helping to inspire future WWE Superstars and continue the global success of WWE.”
Tickets for WWE Live China in Shanghai are available and can be purchased online at
WWE Superstars scheduled to appear include John Cena, WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens, WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Big Show, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Sheamus, and more.
Additional information on the new recruits:
· Big Boa (6-4, 221 pounds) is a purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He was named the 2016 Brazilian jiu-jitsu China Open Gi/No-Gi champion and represented China at the 2013 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championships.
· Gu Guangming (6-8, 287) is an amateur boxer from Mudanjiang, ranking among the top amateurs in his weight class since 2012. He won the National Men’s Championship in his weight class in 2014.
· Gao Lei (5-10, 320) is a champion in various Beijing traditional wrestling promotions and was the team leader of Mongolian University’s wrestling team.
· Zhao Xia (5-3, 137) has trained in martial arts and is the co-founder of her own fitness studio. Zhao has multiple first place finishes in various martial arts and fitness competitions including, the Second World Traditional Chinese Wushu Championship, Nike Challenge Competition and First China Throw Down: Battle on the Bund.
· Wang Xiaolong (6-3, 243) of Beijing, studied at the Shandong University of Technology and the Beijing Contemporary Music Academy for music production.
· Yifeng (6-2, 238) is an actor from Shanghai, and a graduate of the Shanghai Theater Company. Yifeng was most recently featured in the movie Lady and Tiger in 2014.
· Cheng Yuxiang (6-2, 225) is an expert level fitness trainer from Beijing, certified by Beijing Zhuo Zhonghua International Fitness Academy. Cheng also participates in various Chinese boxing competitions across the country.
- About WWE
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience. WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms.
WWE programming reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide in 35 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all 12 live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 170 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at
For information on its global activities, go to
- Pro Wrestling On The Web
YouTube jim varsallone (jimmyv3 channel)