As South Florida continues its recovery after Hurricane Irma, we are seeing more stores, businesses and restaurants reopening in areas marked as safe. Here’s what we know so far:
Hours may be subject to curfews. Check here to find out if curfews are in effect.
Food and Restaurants
▪ Miami Gardens is giving away 400 free meals to residents starting 2 p.m. Friday at the Holy Family Episcopal Church, 18501 NW 7th Ave.
▪ Meals will be given from the Christ Fellowship Church, 8900 SW 168 St., Palmetto Bay, at 11:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. starting Thursday. This will continue as long as there is need.
▪ Trinity Church, 17801 NW Second Ave., Miami Gardens, is currently giving out food for Thursday. Two bags per person.
▪ St. Philips, 1121 Andalusia Ave., Coral Gables, is giving hot meals from 5 - 7 p.m. Thursday
▪ Flanigans locations: 2460 Weston Rd., 8695 NW 12th St., Miami, 2235 State Road Seven, Wellington, and 950 South Federal Hwy., Stuart
▪ Versailles Restaurant, 3555 SW Eighth St.
▪ Jimmy’s Eastside Diner, 7201 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
▪ Shinju’s Japanese Buffet, 8800 SW 72nd Ave., Miami
▪ Sabor Tropical Supermarket at 79th Street and Biscayne Bay
▪ California Pizza Kitchen locations at Fort Lauderdale, Sawgrass Mills and Coral Gables
▪ Pollo Tropical. Most locations open
▪ Vicky Bakery 860 S.E. Eighth St., Hialeah and 2885 W. 68th Street, Hialeah
▪ BRIO Tuscan Grille locations in Plantation, Pembroke Pines, Hallandale Beach, The Falls and Dolphin Mall
▪ Panther Coffee, 2390 NW 2nd Ave., Miami with limited menu
▪ All Sedanos Supermarket locations
▪ Canton’s Dadeland and Coral Gables locations
▪ Che Tito's Grill & Pizza, 12018 SW 88th St., Miami
▪ Tap 42’s Coral Gables and Fort Lauderdale locations
▪ Valero Gas, 331 23rd St., Miami Beach
▪ Yardbird Southern Table and Bar, 1600 Lenox Ave., Miami Beach
▪ Town Kitchen and Bar, 7301 SW 57 Court, South Miami
▪ Shorty’s BBQ, 2255 NW 87 Ave., Miami, and 5989 S. University Drive, Davie
▪ Aromas Del Peru, all locations
▪ Duffy’s Sports Grill, North Miami Beach, Plantation, Coconut Creek, Fort Lauderdale and Weston locations
▪ Bolay Restaurant, 151 N. Hiatus Road, Pembroke Pines
▪ Brazaviva Brazilian Steakhouse, 7910 NW 25 St., Doral and 14301 W. Sunrise Blvd., Sunrise
▪ Caja Caliente, 2634 NE Second Ave., Miami
▪ Enriquetas Cafeteria, 186 NE 29 St., Miami
▪ El Palacio de Los Jugos, 2038 NW 27 Ave., Miami
▪ Clove Mediterranean Kitchen, 195 SE Third Ave., Miami
▪ The Seven Dials, 2030 Douglas Road, Coral Gables
▪ Biscayne Bay Brewing Company, 8000 NW 25 St. #500, Doral
▪ Pizzarium Downtown, 69 E. Flagler St., Miami
▪ Quinto La Huella/Sugar, 788 Brickell Plaza, Miami
▪ Via Emilia 9, 1120 15 St., Miami Beach
▪ Tap 42, all locations
▪ Brimstone Woodfire Grill, 14575 SW Fifth St., Pembroke Pines
▪ Spring Chicken, 1514 S. Dixie Hwy., Coral Gables
▪ Swine Southern Table and Bar, 2415 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Coral Gables
▪ Royal Pig Pub, 350 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
▪ Don Pan Bakery, 7702 N. Kendall Drive, Kendall
▪ BLT Prime, 4400 NW 87 Ave., Miami
▪ Beaker and Gray, 2637 N. Miami Ave., Miami
▪ Jamaica House, 19555 NW Second Ave., Miami
▪ Golden Krust, 19664 NW 27 Ave., Miami Gardens
▪ Sergio’s Restaurant, 1640 NW 87 Ave., Doral, 3252 SW 22 St., Coral Way, and 13550 SW 120 St., West Kendall
▪ Top Value Supermarket, 1490 NW Third Ave., Miami
▪ Zubi Fish House and Zubi Supermarket, 5700 NW Second Ave. Suite B, Miami
▪ Segafredo l'Originale, 1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
▪ Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, 8484 NW 36 St., Doral
▪ Graziano’s markets, all locations
▪ Giotto Maestro della Pizza, 959 West Ave. #2, Miami Beach
▪ Oliver’s Bistro, 959 West Ave., Miami Beach
▪ Jimmy’s Diner, 7201 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
▪ The Fish House, 10000 SW 56 St., Miami
▪ Brain Freeze Nitrogen Ice Cream and Yogurt Lab, 16652 Sheridan St., Pembroke Pines
▪ Zucca, 162 Alcazar Ave. Coral Gables
▪ Lulu's Bait Shack (bar only), 17 S. Atlantic Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
▪ Bonefish Grill: Coral Springs, Weston, Fort Lauderdale, Kendall, Plantation, West Miami, Aventura
▪ Chabad in Florida is offering free hot meals at its 10 centers. Those interested can call Rabbi Zev Katz at 305-505-9065
▪ Elia Gourmet, 900 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 105, Miami
▪ Yakko-San, 3881 NE 163 St., North Miami Beach
▪ Chicken Stack, 16776 N. Kendall Drive, Miami
▪ Dr. Limon Ceviche Bar, 13766 SW 84th St., Miami and 10548 SW Eighth St., Miami
▪ Gorditas Mexican Kitchen, 16790 SW 88 St., Miami
▪ 15750 SW 72nd St., Miami
▪ 9755 NW 41st St., Doral
▪ 2270 SW 27th Ave., Miami
▪ 9050 Biscayne Blvd, Miami Shores Village
▪ 1700 Miami Gardens Dr., North Miami Beach
▪ 8250 Mills Dr., Kendall
▪ 9041 SW 107th Ave., Kendall
▪ 11750 SW 104th Ave., Kendall
▪ 6876 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
▪ All Broward Publix locations are open
▪ 4998 West Atlantic Blvd, Margate
▪ 11650 W. Sample Dr., Coral Springs
▪ 10380 Royal Palm Dr., Coral Springs
▪ 7901 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac
▪ 4525 Wiles Rd., Coconut Creek
▪ 8395 W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach
▪ 3100 NW Ninth Ave., Fort Lauderdale
▪ 7801 W. Sample Rd., Coral Springs
▪ 3101 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac
▪ 1480 SW 26 Ave., Pompano Beach
▪ 1440 W. Copans Rd., Pompano Beach
▪ 290 W. Copans Rd., Pompano Beach
▪ 5200 N. Federal Hwy., Pompano Beach
▪ 1515 E. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
▪ 1400 NW 12 Ave., Miami
▪ 15911 Pines Blvd., Pembroke Pines
▪ 4529 W Hillsboro Blvd, Coconut Creek, FL, 33073-2006
8625 Stirling Rd, Cooper City, FL, 33328-5901
8200 Royal Palm Blvd, Coral Springs, FL, 33065-5714
▪ 12630 SW 120th St, Miami, (West kendall)
▪ 5571 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Coconut Creek
▪ 13550 W. Sunrise, Blvd., Sunrise
▪ 4700 S. Flamingo Rd., Cooper City
▪ 8550 Stirling Rd, Hollywood
▪ 401 E. Sheridan St., Dania Beach
▪ 11800 Hialeah Gardens Blvd., Hialeah Gardens
▪ 4801 SW Eighth St., Coral Gables
▪ 170 SE Third Ave., Miami
▪ 1421 Alton Road, Miami Beach
▪ 9031 SW 107 Ave., Miami
▪ 600 NE 128 St., North Miami
▪ 2780 NE Eighth St., Homestead
▪ 1 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale
▪ 10001 Sheridan Road, Cooper City
▪ 3401 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs
▪ 5701 Coral Ridge Drive, Coral Spring
▪ 8901 Miramar Parkway, Miramar
▪ 7621 N. State Road 7, Parkland
▪ 5555 N. University Drive, Lauderhill
▪ 2801 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
▪ 4550 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek
▪ 21265 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura
▪ 5601 NW 183rd St., Miami Gardens
▪ 1750 W. 37th St., Hialeah
▪ 3401 N. Miami Ave., Miami
▪ Miami locations: 3949 SW Eighth St., 8740 SW 40 St., 12000 SW Eighth St., 15000 SW 72 St., 14665 SW 104 St., 11865 SW 26 St., 13796 SW 152 St., 9686 SW 24 St. and 14055 SW 88 St.
▪ Hialeah locations: 4410 W. 16 Ave., 3141 W. 76 St., 3960 W. 12 Ave., 2399 W. 52 St. and 6410 NW 186 St.
▪ 93 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
▪ 16801 NW 67 Ave., Miami Lakes
▪ 11402 NW 41 St., Doral
▪ 2614 NE 10 Court, Homestead
▪ 3580 NW 83 Ave., Doral
▪ Coconut Grove, Red Bird, Miami Springs and Coral Gables stores are open; Sunny Isles Beach store open at 11 a.m., 2969 McDonald St., Miami will open at noon
▪ Sunrise, Doral, Pembroke Pines, Coral Way and Hialeah locations
▪ City Place, Lauderdale by the Sea, Aventura, Hallandale, Sunrise, Doral, Fort Lauderdale Seventeenth Street, Lighthouse Point, Weston, Coral Springs
▪ 1080 Brickell Ave., Miami
Fresco y Mas
▪ Hialeah locations: 5850 NW 183 St., 541 W. 49 St., 2750 W. 68 St., Suite 201 and 1630 W. 49 St.
▪ Miami locations: 2401 NW 18 Ave., 14555 SW 42 St., 948 SW 67 Ave. and 14655 SW 104 St.
▪ Sawgrass Mills Mall
▪ Dadeland Mall, 7535 N. Kendall Dr.
▪ Miami International Mall, 1455 NW 107th Ave.
▪ The Shops at Downtown Doral
▪ Aventura Mall
▪ Pembroke Lakes Mall
▪ The Falls
▪ Shops at Merrick Park
▪ Miami International Mall
▪ Dadeland Station
▪ Kendall Village Center
▪ Miami VA Healthcare System status: The Bruce W. Carter Medical Center, William “Bill” Kling VA Clinic and Hollywood VA Clinic are back to regular operations and scheduled appointments have resumed.
The Pembroke Pines VA Clinic opens Wednesday for regular operations. Damage assessments are being conducted at our other satellite clinics and will be opened when deemed safe and electric services restored.
▪ DaVita Dialysis Center has opened these centers: Interamerican Dialysis, Miami Lakes, South Dade Kidney Center (Coral Reef), Miami Campus, Greater Miami, Miami North, Renovation of Life, Kendall Kidney Center, Keys Gate, Dadeland, Miami Campus At Home, Palmetto Artificial Kidney Center, Tamarac, Complete Dialysis Coral Springs, Plantation, South Broward, Hialeah Artificial Kidney Center, East Fort Lauderdale, Weston, Embassy Lake, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Hallandale, Davie City, Plantation Home Training. Call 800-400-8331 for information on open and closed centers.
▪ Veterans centers in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach are open.
The following post offices have resumed normal operation:
Davie, Westside New
The following post offices are offering limited delivery services. No retail services at this time:
Miami, Buena Vista
Miami, Father Felix Varela
Fort Lauderdale, Galt Ocean
Miami Gardens, Carol City
Miami, Coconut Grove
Miami, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Miami, Miami Springs
Pembroke Pines, Flamingo
Sunrise, Sawgrass Postal Store
Entertainment and Recreation
▪ CinéBistro, 3450 NW 83 Ave., Doral. Open noon - 3 p.m.
▪ Pompano Beach Amphitheater
▪ Pérez Art Museum Miami will be offering Florida residents free admission Sept.14-15
▪ Museum of Discovery and Science & AutoNation IMAX Theater reopens 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 14. Museum price reduced to $5 through Sunday.
▪ Coral Gables Art Cinema
▪ Planet Fitness
▪ Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
▪ Miami International Airport
▪ Broward County bus and paratransit services have resumed and are operating 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
▪ Metrorail service is running on a Sunday schedule until 11 p.m. Tuesday and will resume normal operation Wednesday
▪ PortMiami and Port Tunnel are open
▪ Special Transportation Services in Miami-Dade will resume taking registered riders to medical treatment centers Wednesday
▪ Miami Beach parks: Lummus, Maurice Gibb, Scott Rakow Youth Center, Palm Island, South Pointe, North Shore Park and Youth Center, Crespi, Fisher
▪ Broward parks: Some parks are now open and others are slated to open this week. Check here for the full listing.
▪ Marquis Bank in Coral Gables
▪ City National Bank locations, including Bird Road, Brickell, Coral Gables, Coral Springs, Doral, Flagler, Kendall, Galloway, 41 Street, South Beach, Young Circle and Hallandale
▪ Continential National Bank branches
▪ Apollo Bank: Brickell, Coral Gables, Downtown Miami, Doral and Hialeah locations
▪ Most Citibank locations
▪ Executive National Bank, all branches open Wednesday
▪ Capital Bank locations
▪ Numerous Bank of America locations throughout Broward and Miami-Dade counties
▪ All Ocean Bank locations except Coral Gables, Embassy Lakes and Pinecrest
▪ All of U.S. Century Bank’s banking centers with the exception of our East Hialeah location.
▪ Miami Beach hotels on Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive, and Espanola Way
▪ Pelican Hotel, 826 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach
▪ Sagamore Hotel, 1671 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
▪ Hyatt Regency Miami, 400 SE Second Ave., Miami
▪ Hilton Miami, 1601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
▪ Shepley Hotel, 1340 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
▪ The Betsy Hotel, 1440 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach
▪ Garbage pickup has resumed in Miami-Dade county
▪ Garbage pickup has resumed in Broward county
Food and Restaurants
▪ Many Publix locations
▪ Many Winn-Dixie locations
▪ Many Walmart locations
▪ Many CVS locations
▪ Many Walgreens locations
▪ Many Whole Foods locations
▪ Tri-Rail trains and shuttle buses are closed until further notice.
▪ Miami-Dade Transit is not operating until further notice.
▪ Center for Excellence in Eye Care, 8940 N. Kendall Dr. Closed until Monday.
▪ VA Healthcare System offices in Deerfield Beach, Flagler Street, Homestead, Key Largo and Key West are closed due to power outage. The Miami VA Healthcare system has opened a Virtual Care Clinic for Key West, Key Largo and Homestead patients, which can be reached at 305-575-7666.
▪ The following offices will remain closed until further notice:
All Florida Keys post offices
Coral Springs, Coral Reef
Hallandale Beach, Golden Isles
Miami, West Dade on 14790 N. Kendall Dr.
Entertainment and Recreation
▪ Miami-Dade county libraries
▪ Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
▪ HistoryMiami Museum
▪ The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science will resume normal hours of operation at 9 a.m. Friday.
▪ The Miami Children’s Museum will reopen Wednesday at noon
▪ Miami-Dade parks, including Zoo Miami, the Deering Estate and the Fruit and Spice Park, are closed until further notice
▪ 2 Chainz show at The Fillmore on Sept. 17 has been cancelled
▪ The Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU will reopen Sept. 19
▪ University of Miami will resume classes on Coral Gables and Marine campuses on Monday, Sept. 18.
▪ Broward College will resume classes on Monday.
▪ Florida International University will resume classes on Monday.
▪ Miami Dade College will resume classes on Monday.
▪ Miami-Dade and Broward public schools hope to resume classes Monday.
▪ The Archdiocese of Miami has said schools in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties will open Monday, with the exception of these schools, which will resume Tuesday: Archbishop Coleman Carroll, Archbishop McCarthy, Immaculata-LaSalle, St. Gregory, St. Hugh, St. John Neumann, St. Mark, Sts. Peter and Paul, St. James, St. Michael and Blessed Trinity.
▪ Both campuses of the Riviera Schools will resume classes on Monday.
▪ Miami Country Day School will resume classes on Monday.
▪ Florida Memorial University will reopen Sept. 18
▪ Miami Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired will reopen Sept. 18
▪ Nova Southeastern University and the University School will resume classes Sept. 18. Students who live on campus at NSU can return Friday, Sept. 15.
▪ Ransom Everglades School will reopen Sept. 18
▪ Barry University will resume classes Tuesday at 8 a.m.
▪ Westfield Broward remains closed until further notice
▪ Westland Mall will reopen at 10 a.m. Thursday
▪ Bank of America locations are closed until further notice
▪ Wells Fargo locations will be closed until further notice
▪ Miami-Dade courts are closed through Friday. The Courts and Clerk’s offices expect to re-open on Monday. All Court proceedings previously scheduled during court closures Sept. 7-8 and Sept. 11-15 will be rescheduled and parties will be notified accordingly. All bond hearings begin at 9 a.m. at the Richard E. Gerstein building.
▪ Broward courts are closed until further notice
Lincoln-Marti Day Care Centers, opening Wednesday
▪ Little Havana: 450 SW 16 Ave., and 904 SW 23 Ave.
▪ West Miami: 1335 SW 67 Ave.
▪ Cutler Bay: 22165 SW 112 Ave.
▪ West Dade: 350 NW 118 Ave.
▪ Hialeah: 7665 W. 32 Ave., 3580 W. 84 St., 90 W. 11 St. and 110 W. 11 St.