▪ Pelican Harbor Seabird Station will host a 35th anniversary party Saturday at the Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort in Sunny Isles Beach. Admission is $75. There will be food, music and a fund-raising auction. For more information, visit pelicanharbor.org or call 305-751-9840.
▪ Meet celebrities and release billfish in the Jimmy Johnson National Billfish Championship, held March 18-21 in Key Largo. Headquarters is the Big Chill, mile-marker 104, U.S. 1. Entry fee is $4,500 per team. Call 305-255-3500 or visit www.questforthering.com.
▪ Captain Bouncer Smith will conduct a seminar on sailfishing at 6:30 p.m. March 19 at Dusky Sport Center, 110 N. Bryant Rd., Dania Beach. Admission is $15, redeemable for store merchandise. Call 954-922-8890.
▪ The Key West Fishing Tournament kicks off its 50th anniversary April 3-5, awarding $5,000 in cash for 15 species. Entry fee is $250 per boat; $50 extra for the yellowtail snapper division. A welcome party will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. April 3 at VFW Post 3911, 2200 N. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West. Fishing is April 4-5. For more information, call 305-294-8843 or visit www.keywestfishingtournament.com.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ The West Palm Beach Fishing Club will hold a Marine Yard Sale from 7 a.m. to noon April 11 at the clubhouse, 201 Fifth Street, West Palm Beach. Admission is free. Call 561-832-6780.
▪ Make plans to compete in the new Yamaha/Contender Miami Sportfishing Tournament, held April 23 and 25 at Miami Beach Marina. Release billfish and weigh dolphin, kingfish, tuna, cobia and wahoo for points and prize money. Basic entry fee is $500 before April 2; $600 after April 2. For more information, visit www.miamisportfish.com or call 305-598-2525.
To our readers
This page is a regular weekly feature focusing on Florida outdoors adventures. Email scocking@MiamiHerald.com.