Asuka, formerly known as Kana, is scheduled to make her debut on NXT TV 8 p.m. EST Wednesday, Sept. 23 on WWE Network.
Translated, the name Asuka means future. The Japanese performer recently talked to wrestling writer Scott Fishman for a feature on the Channel Guide Magazine blog.
She discussed making the transition into NXT, who she is looking forward to facing and more.
Read the interview in its entirety at:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
- WWE NXT is 8 p.m. Wednesdays on WWE Network.
- WWE NXT is Saturday, Sept. 26 at the Havert L. Fenn Center in Fort Pierce.
Tickets $10, $20. There will be a meet-n-greet before the show, which is included in the ticket price. First come, first served.
Bell time is 7:30 p.m.
- WWE NXT TakeOver: Respect is 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 7 at Full Sail Live at Full Sail University in Winter Park, near Orlando.
NXT women’s champ Bayley against former champ The Boss Sasha Banks in a 30-minute Iron Woman Match in the main event. Also, the semifinals and finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic and more.
The show will be live on WWE Network.
- Follow Asuka on Twitter @WWEAsuka
- Follow Fishman on Twitter @smFISHMAN
- Pro Wrestling On the Web