The Miami Herald invites entrepreneurs to attend its free Business Plan Bootcamp on March 7, offering a lively discussion and Q&A with a panel of investor experts sharing advice on launching a startup business, formulating a winning short business summary and raising capital as well as networking opportunities.
In addition, Business Plan Challenge coordinator Nancy Dahlberg will be on hand to answer questions about this year’s Business Plan Challenge.
The program will be led by:
▪ Melissa Krinzman, the managing partner of Krillion Ventures, a $50 million Miami-based early stage venture capital firm that actively invests in financial services, transportation, logistics, real estate and health startups. Her fund has invested in 17 early-stage companies, nine of which have South Florida roots. She is also a veteran Business Plan Challenge judge. (See Q&A with Krinzman here.)
▪ Mark Kingdon, a three-time tech CEO (Organic, SecondLife and NiftyThrifty) and an investor in two-dozen early-stage companies. His portfolio includes Twitter, TheRealReal, OfferUp, Refinery20 and three Miami-based companies (EveryPost, Sktchy and HYP3R).
Also, three previous winners of the Business Plan Challenge will join the conversation and offer insight on their experiences:
▪ Antonio Otalvaro, founder of Raw Shorts, a simple drag-and-drop video builder for making explainer videos. Otalvaro recently raised $1.2 million in growth capital.
▪ Silvia Camps, founder of Stow Simple, a recently launched on-demand storage service.
▪ James Jones, co-founder of Court Buddy, a service that matches consumers seeking a la carte legal services with lawyers. It is expanding nationally.
Bring your business cards. We will raffle off a month of free co-working at WeWork at the event as well.
The event will be at 6 p.m. March 7 at Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus Auditorium, Room 1261 in Building 1. We will raffle off a month of co-working at WeWork at the event as well.
The bootcamp is free. When you register, the form will allow you to submit questions you would like the panel to address. After registration closes, walk-ins are welcome as space provides.
Free parking is available at the Miami Dade College garage at 500 NE 2nd Ave. – the entrances are on NE 5th and NE 6th St.
Register here: http://businessplanbootcamp.bpt.me.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.