Stephanie Richards has been named a manager in the risk advisory services practice at Kaufman Rossin and is based in Miami. Previously she was a principal regulatory coordinator/risk analyst with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Richards has a bachelor’s in criminal justice from FAU.
All shareholders, principals and professional staff of certified public accounting firm Mallah Furman & Company have joined EisnerAmper LLP, effective Nov. 15. Members of the Mallah Furman shareholder group — Gary Dix, Barry Gould, Joe Berkovits, Curt Rosner, Arthur Unger and David Sloan — together with a team of more than 60 professionals and staff will become part of EisnerAmper and maintain their present offices in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Abner Victor has been named compliance officer for the southeast region at Suffolk Construction. He will work closely with project teams and trade partners at All Aboard Florida’s MiamiCentral Station and the Mall at Miami Worldcenter. Previously he was a contractor’s specialist for CRC Leadership Inc. Victor has a bachelor’s in design and architectural studies from Florida International University .
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Akerman has promoted several associates to partner, including:
▪ Felipe Berer. Practice group: corporate; he’ll be based in Miami. Berer has an LL.M. from Georgetown and an LL.B. from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro.
▪ Nathaniel Callahan: consumer financial services, Fort Lauderdale. Callahan has a bachelor’s in philosophy from Princeton and a J.D. from New York University.
▪ Gideon Reitblat: litigation, Miami. Reitblat has a bachelor’s from Brandeis, a J.D. from Boston University, and an LL.M. from the University of Connecticut.
▪ Jeffrey Robin: consumer financial services, Miami. Robin has a BBA from the University of Texas, Austin; and a J.D. from Southern Methodist University.
▪ Marisa Rodriguez: healthcare, Miami. Rodriguez has a bachelor’s in industrial engineering from FIU; a J.D. from St. Thomas University; and an MBA from Nova Southeastern University.
▪ Stacy Rodriguez: litigation, Miami. Rodriguez has a bachelor’s from Marshall University, and a J.D. from the University of Miami.
▪ Steven Wernick: real estate, Miami. Wernick has a bachelor’s from B.U.; a J.D. from the University of Florida; and a master’s of regional planning from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
At Lubell Rosen based in Fort Lauderdale, Kristen M. Lynch has been named partner, handling probates, guardianships and estate and retirement planning. She has a bachelor’s in industrial/organizational psychology from the University of Central Florida and a J.D. from Nova.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above. Send items, including job title, previous positions, educational background and jpgs, to movers@MiamiHerald.com.
Name: Cynthia Demos
New position: Managing partner at The Dana Agency, a public relations and events-planning company.
From: Television reporter and anchor at CBS4.
Also: For the past three years, she has been CEO of Cynthia Demos Communications, a television production company. Demos spent 23 years as a TV anchor and reporter. Before working in Miami the past eight years, she worked in Orlando, West Palm Beach, Winston-Salem, N.C., and Panama City Beach.
Education: Bachelor’s in telecommunications, with a minor in mathematics, from the University of Florida
Best advice: Listen politely to all the advice and comments everyone will give you and thank them for it, and then keep close to your heart what makes sense and throw the rest away. My dear friend also told me, ‘If you are going to do it, then do it with a smile.’ In other words… If you are committed to doing a job or a project or a story, complaining will get you nowhere. So smile.
CHOICES FOR SPOTLIGHT ARE MADE FROM PROMOTIONS SENT TO MOVERS @MIAMIHERALD.COM