Theresa Sebastian has been named vice president of commercial lending in the Pompano Beach office of Regent Bank. Previously she was senior vice president, commercial lender at Florida Shores Bank. Sebastian has a bachelor’s in business administration from Lakeland College in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
Ari Fine has been named chief operating officer of Yield Crowd, a marketplace lending platform for alternative, asset-based investments. Fine, a recent Cornell University graduate, comes to Yield Crowd from Venture for America’s first class of Miami fellows. VFA is a two-year fellowship that matches recent graduates with promising startups in cities across the country.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
Akerman has named seven partners in its Miami office:
▪ James Bombulie has been promoted from associate in the firm’s litigation practice. He received his bachelor’s degree at Grinnell College and his J.D. from the University of Miami.
▪ Michael Gennett has been promoted from of counsel in the firm’s healthcare practice. He has a bachelor’s degree from Florida State University and a J.D. from St. Thomas University.
▪ Eric Matthew has been promoted from associate and will focus on consumer finance litigation and compliance. He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, and a J.D. from UM.
▪ Ryan Roman, promoted from associate at the firm, will focus on litigation. He received his bachelor’s degree from Amherst College and his J.D. from the University of Michigan.
▪ Larry Ross II, promoted from associate at the firm, will focus on corporate law. He has a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering from the University of Oklahoma; an MBA from Texas Christian University; and a J.D. from UM.
▪ Daniel Schwartz, promoted from associate at the firm, is in the firm’s corporate practice, focusing on mergers and acquisitions. He has a bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt and a J.D. from Emory.
▪ Kenneth Wiggins, promoted from associate, is a partner in the firm’s corporate practice. He has a bachelor’s degree from FSU and a J.D. from William & Mary.
Jones Day announces two new partners joining the firm from the Miami office of Hunton & Williams:
▪ Paul Huck Jr. is in the firm’s business and tort litigation practice. He is former deputy attorney general for the state of Florida, former general counsel to former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, and was recently appointed by Gov. Rick Scott to the Judicial Nominating Commission for the trial courts in Miami-Dade. He has an undergraduate degree from Princeton and a law degree from Harvard.
▪ Fradyn Suárez is in the firm’s projects and infrastructure practice. Her practice focuses on cross-border financing transactions within the Latin America and Caribbean regions, in addition to other emerging markets. Suárez has a bachelor’s degree from Smith College and a J.D. from the University of Florida.
Jane Maine de Biran has been named director of leisure sales at Trump National Doral Miami. Her previous experience includes founding JMB Associates, later rebranded as M Luxury Collection, which included luxury resorts and hotels around the world. She sold the company before joining Trump National. She attended the University of Denver.
This column lists high-level promotions of director and above. Send items, including job title, job description, previous positions, educational background and jpgs, to movers@MiamiHerald.com. Movers is updated online at MiamiHerald.com/business
Name: Arthur Lieberman.
New position: He has joined Berkowitz Pollack Brant Advisors and Accountants as a director in the real estate tax practice.
Previously: Lieberman joins the firm from LNR Property in Miami Beach, where he was vice president of taxation.
Education: He has a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a master’s degree in taxation from the University of Florida.
Best advice he ever got: The best advice I ever received was from my father: It’s not knowing what you know. It’s knowing what you don’t know and where to go to find out.
CHOICES FOR SPOTLIGHT ARE MADE FROM PROMOTIONS SENT TO MOVERS @MIAMIHERALD.COM