‘Bloodline’ will return to South Florida for season three
“Bloodline,” the popular Netflix series about the demons that haunt a tight-knit family, will return to shoot its third season on location in the Florida Keys.
During the Television Critics Association press tour in Los Angeles on Wednesday, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos told The Hollywood Reporter the show would return later this year to shoot all 10 episodes of its third season in South Florida. Film industry executives had worried the Florida Legislature’s decision not to replenish the state’s depleted tax incentive funds earlier this year would force the show’s producers to relocate.
“It's an iconic location,” Sarandos said about the important role the Keys play on the show. “The one thing that's cool about Netflix shows is that those locations are characters. In the Hell's Kitchen shows like “Daredevil”, Hell's Kitchen is a character — we can't fake it in Canada. So tax credits are a nice offset but if it doesn't fit the creative, we're not going to chase it.”
According to a Film Florida study, the first season of “Bloodline” spent more than $20 million in the South Florida and Florida Keys regions during production in 2014.
This story was originally published July 28, 2016 at 10:13 AM with the headline "‘Bloodline’ will return to South Florida for season three."