The massive listeria-inspired recall by Mann Packing across the United States and Canada earlier this week is even broader than originally reported. Store brands from Walmart, Aldi, Safeway/Albertson’s, H-E-B and others are affected.
While the company’s media release detailed the full breadth of the recall, the original recall notice the company wrote for the FDA website listed only the products released under the Mann brand. Over 20 of those brands were pulled in the United States and Canada after Canadian inspectors found listeria in a sampling of Mann-produced product.
The recall notice was revised Saturday to include all the brands made around the same time in the same facility. In the United States, these include:
Never miss a local story.
▪ Walmart store brand Broccoli Florets; Broccoli Cauliflower Florets; Broccoli Slaw; Stir Fry Medley; Cauliflower Florets; Cauliflower; Super Blend and Vegetable Medley.
▪ Trader Joe’s store brand Kohlrabi Salad Blend.
▪ Aldi store brand Little Salad Bar Broccoli Florets and Broccoli Slaw.
▪ Safeway and Albertson’s store brand, Signature Farms, Meat & Cheese Tray; Broccoli Cauliflower Florets; Broccoli Slaw; Broccoli Stir Fry; Broccoli Florets; Veggie Tray with Ranch Dip; Vegetable Medley; and Veggie & Hummus Tray.
▪ Safeway in California, Hawaii and Nevada, Pak’N Save in California, Vons in California cities Fresno, Clovis and Oakhurst recalled Cauliflower Chopped; Veggies w/ Dip; Premium Vegetable Tray; Vegetables Steaming; Broccoli Carrots Cauliflower with Ranch Dip; Broccoli Carrots & Celery w/ Ranch Dip; Broccoli Carrots Grape Tomatoes & Dip; Broccoli Carrots Snap Peas & Dip; Carrots/Broccoli/Cauliflower; Broccoli/Cauliflower; Broccoli Florets; Cauliflower; Vegetable Tray w/ Dip; Tomatoes Broccoli Cheese & Ranch Dip. All have Sell By dates on or before Tuesday, Oct. 24.
▪ Safeway and Albertson’s in Colorado, Nebraska, Northwestern New Mexico, South Dakota and Wyoming recalled the Veggie Ranch Snack Pack; Vegetables Steaming; Premium Vegetable Tray; Round Vegetable Tray; Rectangular Vegetable Tray; Sauté Kit; Sauté Kit with Sauce; Vegetable Medley W/ Tomato Chipotle Butter; and Vegetable Tray with Dip Grab n Go.
▪ H-E-B store brand Broccoli Carrots; Broccoli Cauliflower; Broccoli Florets; Broccoli Slaw; Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad; Veggie Toss Kit; Caulibit Mushroom Sauce; Caulibits Chopped Cauliflower; Cauliflower Florets; Fiesta Salad; Power Slaw; Stir Fry Medley; and Vegetable Medley.
▪ Archer Farms (sold in Target) Broccoli Florets; Broccoli Cauliflower Florets; Broccoli Slaw; Broccoli Medley; Cauliflower Florets; Brussels Sprouts; and Shaved Brussels Sprouts.
▪ Cross Valley Farms restaurant food service bags of Shaved Brussels Sprouts; Cauliflower Florets; Spiral Cut Kohlrabi; and Superfood Slaw.
▪ Sysco Natural restaurant food service bags of Broccoli Cole Slaw.
Most of these products have a Best By date of Oct. 11 through Oct. 20. Consumers with questions can call Mann Packing, 24 hours a day, at 888-470-2681.
Also, though not named, the Mann Packing recall likely caused Friday’s Fresh Foods recall of 701 pounds of chicken products that might have listeria. The Fresh Foods recall notice stated the problem came up Thursday “when Fresh Foods Manufacturing Co. received notification from a supplier that the broccoli used by the company was recalled due to listeria concerns.”
The Fresh Foods products affected -- Great to Go by Market District brand Chicken & Vegatable Potstickers; Sesame Chicken Ramen Noodles; Chicken & Vegetable Rice; Spicy Thai-Style Chicken with Udun Noodles -- had Best By dates of Oct. 17 through Oct. 23. Each came in plastic bowls.