Casino slot floors provide a buffet of sounds, with machines dinging and music playing. But if you walk into the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino now, there’s one more: The crunch-crunch-crunch of Pac-Man.
The iconic Pac-Man character, one of the most recognizable figures in arcade game history, is featured in four machines near the casino’s center bar.
There have been Pac-Man games before, but this one is Pac-Man Wild Edition, with progressive jackpots. (That means a few cents from each spin feed into a larger jackpot.) As of Monday night, the largest jackpot was just over $8,000.
The game also features a Free Games feature and a Wheel Spin feature.
Never miss a local story.
There are plenty of choices – and price points – for those who want to take Mom to the casino Sunday.
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino will feature unlimited Taittinger Brut La Francaise with upgraded menu items. Cost is $89, with seatings at 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Call 954-327-7501 or visit opentable.com.
NYY Steak has brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for $75, which includes bottomless mimosas and a Bloody Mary bar. Additionally, NYY Steak will be open for dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (954-935-6699). Sorrisi entrées from noon to 8 p.m. include Veal Saltimbocca Florentine and surf and turf. Call 954-985-5379. Fresh Harvest brunch runs from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ($38 per person; $17 for children 10 and under) and includes endless mimosas and sparkling wine, as well as one pound of crab legs.
Mardi Gras Casino’s buffet runs from noon to 8 p.m. for $35. Crab crusted salmon with a lobster-cream sauce, herb crusted leg of lamb, prime rib and ham are featured, along with a tomato, spinach and mozzarella frittata and French toast.
The Farmer’s Pick buffet at the Isle Casino in Pompano Beach is $26.99 with a player’s club card. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
▪ Hialeah Park gives away $10,000 from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. each Saturdays. Players’ club members receive one free entry to the drawing and can earn more with every 25 slot points accrued. Prizes are $1,000 in free slot play from 6-9 p.m. and 10 p.m. to midnight. It’s $2,000 cash at 9 p.m. and 1 a.m.
▪ Gulfstream Park is running “Fire Up Free Play” daily in May, with a $15,000 giveaway May 28. New members get a chance to win up to $1,000 or a trip to Bimini, Bahamas, when signing up for the player’s club for the first time. Monday is Service Monday where active and former military and first responders receive $10 in free play after earning 20 points.
▪ Seminole Casino Coconut Creek will host $20,000 Mother’s Day Bingo on Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at The Pavilion. Eligible guests can win up to $2,500 cash, with 10 games and a $10,000 prize pool per session. Seminole Wild Card members must earn $5 Comp Dollars starting at 7 a.m. on promotion day to be eligible.
▪ Arrival, an ABBA tribute group from Sweden, plays at 8 p.m. Friday at Mardi Gras Casino. Tickets are $15 to $50 via mgfla.com. The group has exact copies of the original staging clothes of ABBA, a permission granted by the ABBA clothing designer.
▪ The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino has $1,000 high hands with rollovers from 2 p.m. to midnight on Friday. At 11 a.m. Saturday is a $15,000 guarantee tournament. Entry is $150.