‘Tis the season for cosplay when the Paradise City Comic Con rolls into South Florida this weekend. There’s plenty to see whether you’re a Trekkie (or Trekker, if you prefer), a fan of the violent stylings of the original Robocop, an anime lover or just want to meet your favorite comic book creators.
But if stars are what you seek, here are seven famous faces you don’t want to miss.
▪ Billy Dee Williams (Friday-Sunday, Booths CR3, CR4): Whether you believe Lando Calrissian of “The Empire Strikes Back” — now and forever the best “Star Wars” movie — was a hero or a traitor (or both), you have to admit Han Solo’s smuggler pal was smooth as silk. Some things never change. (You can also meet Paul Blake, aka Greedo in “Star Wars: A New Hope,” Friday-Sunday at Booth CR15).
▪ Ron Perlman (Saturday, Booth CR8): He raised hell in “Hellboy” and as the terrestrial leader of the Sons of Anarchy. We bet he’s a super nice guy in person, though (and a lot less red).
▪ Tara Reid (Friday-Sunday, Booth CR18): Weekend forecast: No Sharknados expected, just a visit from one of the stars of SyFy’s increasingly silly but unexpectedly popular series.
▪ Ricou Browning (Friday-Sunday, Booths 406, 408): This underwater stuntman, now 86, had the coolest job in the world: He played the Creature from the Black Lagoon in the original film plus a couple of sequels. I sense the possibility for a crossover involving Tara Reid.
▪ James Marsters (Friday-Sunday, Booth CR2): Some fans of Joss Whedon’s iconic “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” still insist that mopey Angel was Buffy’s one true love. Wrong. There was only Spike, his Billy Idol hair, his leather jacket and his cheekbones. Now and forever.
▪ Summer Glau (Saturday-Sunday, Booth CR6): But wait, there’s more, if you’re a Whedon fan: Summer Glau, who played River Tam on the director’s late, lamented, gone-far-too-soon cult favorite “Firefly.” Also, anybody who appeared with any version of Sarah Connor from “The Terminator” in any form is awesome in our eyes.
▪ Butch Patrick (Friday-Sunday, Booths 511, 513, 515): Listen, if Eddie Munster shows up in your town, how can you say no?
If You Go
What: Paradise City Super Con
When: 12:30 p.m.- 8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
Where: Broward County Convention Center, 1950 Eisenhower Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
Cost: $75 for a three day pass; $60 for Saturday/Sunday pass; $30-$40 for single day tickets
For more information, schedule and autograph session tickets: paradisecitycomiccon.com