1. HEAT/NBA: Free agency underway as Miami, Riley chase Hayward: No LeBron- or Durant-sized whales are changing teams this summer, so Heat has Gordon Hayward as its priority target. But Celtics want him, too, so Pat Riley will have to out-duel nemesis-rival Danny Ainge to get him.
2. MLB: Selection Sunday for Miami ASG: Baseball on Sunday will reveal its NL and AL starters and full rosters for next week's All-Star Game at Marlins Park, and two Fish should make it. Marcell Ozuna seems a likely fan-vote starter. And call the Snub Police if Giancarlo Stanton isn't a reserve.
3. MARLINS: Fish on 10-game road trip prior to break: After a mediocre 5-5 homestand, Miami is now on a 10-game road trip that will bring the season to the All-Star Break here. Meanwhile, looming ever closer: Jeffrey Loria's long-awaited and now imminent sale of the team to … somebody.
4. PANTHERS/NHL: Free agency is on; will Cats lose Jagr?: Doesn't get NBA attention, but hockey free agency also began Saturday. Florida Panthers should target goal-scoring help. But the bigger storyline: Will the Cats lose the most notable of their own free agents, ageless Jaromir Jagr?
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
5. WIMBLEDON: Williams sisters in news as fortnight begins: Bad week for Serena and Venus. Serena, out on maternity leave, found herself embroiled in the McEnroe controversy. Worse: Venus, who's playing Wimbledon, is being sued for allegedly causing an auto-accident death.