1. HURRICANES: UM men prepare for ACC Tournament: No. 25 Canes men ended regular season Saturday with a loss at No. 15 Florida State. Now the real season season starts, with ACC Tournament commencing Tuesday in Brooklyn, then Selection Sunday for NCAAs in seven days … and then … Madness!
2. WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC: Games at Marlins Park on deck: We're already bored with spring training. The solution? Giancarlo Stanton and other Fish in the WBC, with Marlins Park hosting U.S., Dominican Republic, Colombia and Canada for six games starting Thursday.
3. HEAT: LeBron visits! Um, is that still a big deal?: Miami entered weekend only one game off playoff pace as they welcomed visit by East-leading Cavaliers Saturday. Is LeBron James returning to Miami still a big thing? I say if he leaves beaten, then yes. Otherwise, not so much.
4. PANTHERS: Cats deal at deadline, try to regain spark: Florida acquired scoring punch in Thomas Vanek at NHL trade deadline. Panthers had lost four of past five entering Saturday game vs. Dallas, yet still were only one point off playoff pace. It's there, Cats. But you gotta go get it.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
5. NFL: Dolphins scout, Canes audition as Combine ends: NFL's weeklong pre-draft Scouting Combine in Indianapolis ends Monday, with Dolphins figuring what to do with 22nd overall pick while nine Hurricanes have auditioned. Think of meat market as a beauty pageant for men.