▪ Impact player: Dolphins running back Lamar Miller gained 32 yards on six carries and caught three passes for 21 yards as the Dolphins took a 10-0 lead.
▪ Highlights: Almost a perfect quarter of football — the Dolphins drove to two scores, a Caleb Sturgis 46-yard field goal and a Ryan Tannehill-to-Brian Hartline 3-yard touchdown pass. They gained eight first downs and held the Ravens to a pair of three-and-outs and 22 yards of offense.
▪ Lowlights: If you want to get picky, from second-and-1 on the Ravens 28, the Dolphins ran the ball twice and found themselves still right there on the 28. Sturgis’ field goal ensued.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
▪ Impact player: Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco completed 10 of 14 for 122 yards, a TD and an interception and guided the 97-yard drive that turned the game around.
▪ Highlights: R.J. Stanford got picked on often by Flacco yet had his moment when he leaped to intercept a fly ball Flacco lobbed into the end zone to keep the Dolphins up 10-0.
▪ Lowlights: A 27-yard completion to the Ravens 15 was rubbed out by an ineligible-man-downfield penalty on center Mike Pouncey. On the next play, Tannehill fumbled when sacked by Elvis Dumervil but the Dolphins recovered. The punt pinned the Ravens at their 3-yard-line. The Dolphins not only didn’t apply a crushing blow, but got rolled on a 97-yard drive that started with Flacco scrambling for 15 yards and ended with a 1-yard pass to Steve Smith.
▪ Impact player: Flacco accounted for 65 of the 75 Ravens yards on their touchdown drive, including the fourth-and-1 quarterback sneak and the scoring throw to receiver Kamar Aiken.
▪ Highlights: Needing a stop after Baltimore had scored on its last first half possession and first second half possession, the Dolphins got it. Derrick Shelby nailed Justin Forsett for no gain, cornerback Brent Grimes broke up a pass and Olivier Vernon got a sack.
▪ Lowlights: The Dolphins got three penalties on their first possession — two false starts, one ineligible man downfield. The Ravens marched 75 yards to the Aiken touchdown that put them up 14-10. A quarterback sneak by Flacco converted a fourth-and-1 at the Ravens 35 and Flacco found Marlon Brown cutting over the middle for 14 yards on third-and-11 from the Dolphins 27.
▪ Impact player: Forsett ran for 49 yards on five carries and caught one pass for four yards as Baltimore put the game away with two touchdown drives.
▪ Highlights: On the first play of the quarter, tight end Charles Clay took a screen pass, ran through a few tackles for a 14-yard gain to the Ravens 4. The good stops there.
▪ Lowlights: From first-and-goal at the 4, the Dolphins committed a false start penalty, overthrew a wide-open Mike Wallace in the end zone and Tannehill took a sack. Then, they gave up an 80-yard touchdown drive. They thought Earl Mitchell had recovered a Facco fumble caused by Cameron Wake on the Dolphins 8, but the call was changed to “incomplete” after video review. An 81-yard touchdown drive followed to put the game away. Safety Louis Delmas sustained a right knee injury and was taken off the field on a cart.