▪ Impact player: Bills running back Anthony Dixon, who slipped free on special teams and blocked Brandon Fields’ second punt of the day. Buffalo took over on the Dolphins’ 31.
▪ Highlights: Well, there weren't many for the Dolphins. But here's one: Sammy Watkins ran a go-route on Brent Grimes, but the corner made a touchdown-saving play on the end zone.
▪ Lowlights: Plenty to pick from, but certainlyKnowshon Moreno’s injury will have the most lasting impact. Moreno injured his elbow on his first carry, went immediately to the locker room and did not return.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Impact player: The Bills moved 40 yards in the quarter's only scoring drive, and 37 of those yards came courtesy of Sammy Watkins' two catches.
▪ Highlights: There were a couple of them. None belonged to the Miami Dolphins. At least they didn't turn the ball over or commit an egregious mistake on special teams.
▪ Lowlights: Here's a snapshot of the Dolphins' ineptitude on offense: First-and-10, pass for minus-5 yards. Second-and-15, sack by Kyle Williams. Third-and-25, sack by Jerry Hughes. Punt.
▪ Impact player: After throwing for just 38 yards in the first half, Ryan Tannehill led the Dolphins on their only two scoring drives of the day. And yet, the Dolphins were still outscored in the quarter.
▪ Highlights: Mike Wallace, whose 56 receiving yards Sunday led the team, had a tremendous touchdown catch. While turning, he pulled in a 7-yard pass with one hand.
▪ Lowlights: Both came courtesy ofC.J. Spiller. First, he returned a kickoff 102 yards (apparently untouched) for a touchdown. Then on the Bills’ next drive, he broke loose for a 47-yard gain on the ground.
▪ Impact player: Dan Carpenter wasn't the Bills MVP Sunday, but he was close. He connected on five field goals, including two in the fourth quarter to put the game away.
▪ Highlights: The day ended without further significant injury for the Dolphins.
▪ Lowlights: Miami entered the fourth quarter down two scores. The Dolphins’ final five possessions: Punt. Turnover on downs. Muffed Punt. Turnover on downs. Interception.