Consider it a get-to-know-you event.
When the Miami Marlins conduct their annual FanFest on Feb. 10 at Marlins Park, many of the players they acquired in trades this winter will be on hand to mingle and sign autographs for fans.
All of the players on the 40-man roster, with one or two exceptions, are required to attend. That means everyone from Lewis Brinson (the Christian Yelich trade) to Sandy Alcantara (the Marcell Ozuna trade) to Starlin Castro (the Giancarlo Stanton trade) will likely be on hand.
Of course, holdovers such as Dan Straily, Justin Bour, Martin Prado, Miguel Rojas and others are expected to participate, as well.
The event will go from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is free to the public.
▪ Player and Marlins alumni autograph sessions.
▪ Play Ball Kids Home Run Derby on the West Plaza.
▪ Speed Pitch station.
▪ Play catch on the field (*fans must bring their own gloves).
▪ Player and Alumni Autograph Sessions.
▪ Opportunity for Batting Cage Experience with Marlins’ players.
▪ Play Dominoes, Giant Jenga or Giant Connect 4 with a Marlins player.
▪ Selfie Station with a Marlins player.
▪ Player interviews on the West Plaza stage, hosted by Jessica Blaylock, Todd Hollandsworth and Craig Minervini.
▪ Social Media Activations with Marlins’ players (Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.).
▪ Alumni Home Run Derby inside Marlins Park.
▪ Ron Magill and furry friends from ZooMiami.
▪ Live radio broadcasts on 940 WINZ and 710AM Radio Mambí.
▪ Live music with local bands.
▪ Culinary options from Mr. PBJ, Mr. Good Stuff and The Powdered Dough food trucks.
All current full and half Season Ticket Members and group leaders will be invited to exclusive events, including a private autograph session, a coaches clinic and a special "Around the Horn" Q&A session with President of Baseball Operations Michael Hill and manager Don Mattingly.
For information on the 2018 Miami Marlins FanFest, including a schedule of events and ticket information, please visit Marlins.com/FanFest.