The Miami Herald is partnering with ScoreStream for real-time game reporting and scoring information for South Florida high school sports results.
On game nights, you’ll find live, up-to-the-minute scores here from all high school football games around Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
Some of the highlights this week:
▪ Five of Broward’s top teams — Deerfield Beach, Plantation American Heritage, Chaminade-Madonna, Cardinal Gibbons and Stoneman Douglas — are playing in Georgia this weekend, including four as part of the inaugural Freedom Bowl being held at Milton High.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Central and Booker T. Washington face off at Traz Powell Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
▪ Blanche Ely hosts Plantation. The schools will honor the late Tyrone Moss before the 7 p.m. kickoff.
▪ Columbus and Northwestern, fresh off Week 1 wins, meet at Tropical Park for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff.
▪ Piper, which had a big win against Norland last week, hosts St. Thomas Aquinas.
The scoreboard below will provide live updates throughout the night tonight and will be a staple on the Herald’s website every Friday night. This story will update with brief summaries of each of the early games. Longer recaps of games where we will have staffers on site will come later in the night. A full recap with takeaways from the week will be posted online on Sunday.
To submit scores, photos and video from a game, download the ScoreStream app.
Friday game results
▪ Gulliver Prep d. Everglades Prep 28-12
▪ Monarch d. Hollywood Hills 45-16
▪ Palmer Trinity d. Somerset Silver Palms 38-24
▪ Palm Beach Central d. Ferguson 41-0
▪ Champagnat d. Village Academy 41-0
▪ Westminster Christian d. West Park 51-6
▪ Calvary Christian d. La Salle 30-18
▪ Columbus d. Northwestern 23-14
▪ Palmetto d. Naples 26-17
▪ Central d. Booker T. Washington 41-5
▪ South Dade d. Southwest Miami 42-0
▪ Coral Gables d. West Broward 48-10
▪ IMG Academy d. Norland 49-14
▪ Gulf Coast d. Hialeah 28-14
▪ Miami Christian d. Ransom Everglades 30-7
▪ Fort Lauderdale d. Northeast 28-0
▪ Lakeland d. Cooper City 55-7
▪ St. Thomas Aquinas d. Piper 35-6
▪ Dillard d. Western 14-12
▪ Goleman d. Westland Hialeah 41-0
▪ University School d. Immokalee 42-12
▪ Stranahan d. South Broward 6-0
▪ Taravella d. Nova 22-14
▪ Pace d. Clewiston 30-10
Thursday game results
▪ Mater Academy d. Reagan 27-6
▪ Miami Beach d. Varela 40-0
▪ Doral Academy d. South Miami 42-20
▪ Coconut Creek d. Greeley West (Colorado) 21-0
▪ Killian d. American 28-27
▪ Miami Springs d. Miami Sunset 27-6
▪ Coral Reef d. North Miami Beach 38-15
▪ Jackson d. Hialeah-Miami Lakes 44-0
▪ Coral Gables d. Edison 14-8
NOTE: The Miami Herald is now offering a digital sports-only subscription for $30 per year. This is unlimited access to all Herald sports and sports stories, thus allowing you to comment in the section below as many times as you wish. Click right here to get started immediately.