WWE (NYSE: WWE) announced that WrestleMania 31 broke records for viewership, attendance, social and digital media engagement and merchandise sales.
· WWE's pop-culture extravaganza was watched by more than 1.3 million global households on WWE Network alone.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
· Most-watched WrestleMania in history, with pay-per-view data still forthcoming.
- The night after WrestleMania 31, Monday Night Raw was the most-watched episode in nearly three years delivering 5.4 million viewers.
- Raw’s top telecast since WWE celebrated Raw 1000 on July 23, 2012.
- Raw was Monday night’s most-watched program on all of cable television for the 11th week in a row.
- WrestleMania 31 broke the attendance record for Levi’s Stadium as 76,976 fans from all 50 states and 40 countries converged on the home of the San Francisco 49ers. The previous attendance record for Levi’s Stadium was 70,799.
- WrestleMania 31 became the highest-grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $12.6 million and breaking the previous record of $12.3 million that was held byWrestleMania 29 at MetLife Stadium in 2013.
· WrestleMania 31 was the most social event in WWE history.
· A record 142 worldwide Twitter trends (up +106 percent vs. last year), including 10 No. 1 worldwide trends, which was more than any broadcast or cable show that night.
· WWE-related content saw more than 60 million video views across all platforms on the day of WrestleMania.
· WWE trended on Facebook with exclusive content featuring WWE Superstar ring entrances, match clips, interviews, locker room commentary and training videos.
· WrestleMania 31 garnered a record 165 million impressions on Facebook and 92 million impressions on Twitter, an increase of 62 percent and 23 percent year-over-year, respectively.
· During WrestleMania, the WWE flagship App saw its most usage since launch in 2012, while reaching nearly 18 million downloads during WrestleMania.
· The WrestleMania 31 App had four times as many downloads as last year’s WrestleMania 30 App.
· WWE generated $3.3 million in WrestleMania merchandise revenue (up +27 percent vs. last year), eclipsing the previous record of $2.7 million fromWrestleMania 29.
Click here to watch a recap of WrestleMania Week.
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The company consists of a portfolio of businesses that create and deliver original content 52 weeks a year to a global audience.
WWE is committed to family friendly entertainment on its television programming, pay-per-view, digital media and publishing platforms. WWE programming reaches more than 650 million homes worldwide in 35 languages. WWE Network, the first-ever 24/7 over-the-top premium network that includes all 12 live pay-per-views, scheduled programming and a massive video-on-demand library, is currently available in more than 175 countries. The company is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Mexico City, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Dubai, Munich and Tokyo.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at
For information on its global activities, go tohttp://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.