Saturday night’s Notre Dame-Hurricanes game brings the most popular Saturday morning group since the Superfriends, ESPN’s College GameDay crew, to the University of Miami’s main campus for the first time ever.
Here’s a few things the school and netowrk want you to to know if you want to bop out of bed and be in the hooting, sign-waving mass behind Miami Jackson High graduate Lee Corso, Desmond Howard, Kirk Herbstreit and Rece Davis.
▪ Where will it be? On the University of Miami main campus in Coral Gables. The GameDay stage will be between the Donna E. Shalala Student Center and the Norman A Whitten University Center Pool, at the patio’s north end. The fan mass “Pit” will be in front of the stage.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ How much will it cost to go? The event is free and open to the public. First come, first serve.
▪ When should I get there? Your call. The show starts at 9 a.m., but fans can begin arriving to the Pit at 5 a.m. The Pit opens at 6:30 a.m. There will be overflow viewing areas around Lake Osceola and the Rock Plaza.
▪ Where can I park? The Merrick and Pavia Garages. Take Stanford Drive to get there. The garages open at 5 a.m.
▪ What’s not allowed in the Pit? Bags, backpacks, purses, signs with offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or advertising signage (political shots, religious shots or website promos).
▪ Any other sign rules? None on a stick or pole. No pens, pencils, markers, dry erase boards.
▪ Anything else? No food or drinks. Don’t throw stuff. Act like somebody raised you.