Miami Herald Spelling Bee
Now celebrating its 78th anniversary, the Miami Herald Spelling Bee offers the opportunity for South Florida schools to participate in the Scripps National Spelling Bee program.
Last year, more than 375 public and private school students in 1st – 8th grade participated from Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties. The winner at the competition will represent his or her county and compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. There will be one winner from Miami-Dade/Monroe and one winner from Broward County.
In addition to improving students’ spelling skills and increasing their vocabularies, Spelling Bee participation provides valuable experience in developing poise – a necessary skill for success in public speaking, performing arts and athletics.
Merriam-Webster is a proud sponsor and prize donor of the Miami Herald Spelling Bee.
- 1st Place: Vasundara Govindarajan - Frank C. Martin International K-8 Center
- 2nd Place: Sabrina Soto - Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart
- 3rd Place: Hudson Kaplan - Alexander Montessori School
2018 Broward County Winners
- 1st Place: Simone Kaplan - St. Bonaventure School
- 2nd Place: Kierra Pulido - Dolphin Bay Elementary
- 3rd Place: Kennedy Lee - H.E.A.R.T.S.
General info, please contact:
- Click here for advertising and sponsorship information