Miami Herald Spelling Bee
Celebrating its 79th anniversary, the Miami Herald Spelling Bee offers the opportunity for South Florida schools to participate in the Scripps National Spelling Bee program.
The champion of the 79th Annual Miami Herald Spelling Bee will represent their county in the 2019 Scripps National Spelling Bee near Washington, D.C. There will be one winner from Miami-Dade/Monroe and one winner from Broward County.
In order for students to participate in the Miami Herald Spelling Bee program, their school must enroll with the Scripps National Spelling Bee by October 15, 2018; and register its school champion(s) upon completion of the school Spelling Bee competition.
The Miami Herald underwrites a portion of each school's enrollment fee. Enrollment with the Scripps National Spelling Bee also serves as your registration with the Miami Herald.
Merriam-Webster is a proud sponsor and prize donor of the Miami Herald Spelling Bee.
- 1st Place: Rodrigo Medinilla - Pinecrest Preparatory Middle High
- 2nd Place: Liv Steinhardt - Ransom Everglades School
- 3rd Place: Jason Acosta - Everglades K-8 Center
2019 Broward County Winners
- 1st Place: Simone Kaplan - St. Bonaventure School
- 2nd Place: Steven Dubin - Imagine School South Campus
- 3rd Place: Kyla Truong - Pine Crest School.
General info, please contact:
- Click here for advertising and sponsorship information