Woman stabbed in face in Miami. Standoff ends in arrest. Biscayne Blvd. reopens
A woman was stabbed in the face in downtown Miami, leading to an hours-long standoff between the officers and the alleged attacker, according to the Miami Police Department. He was eventually talked into surrendering.
Shortly before 11 a.m., officers responded to reports of a woman who had been stabbed. The woman was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital in stable condition, police say.
A standoff ensued after police say a man who appeared to be armed with a sharp object refused to surrender. Police began trying to de-escalate the situation through negotiation, said Miami Police spokesman Orlando Rodriguez.
After nearly three hours, 49-year-old Raydean Johnson, the alleged stabber, was taken into custody, police said. It’s unclear what charges he will face.
During the late morning and into the early afternoon, northbound and southbound traffic was closed on Biscayne Boulevard between Eighth and Ninth streets. By 2 p.m., police lifted the closures.
This report will be updated as more details become available.
This story was originally published May 19, 2026 at 12:37 PM.