Crime

Man goes through Hialeah McDonald’s drive-thru, but cops say he wasn’t looking for food

Angel Torres Peraza drove up to the window of a Hialeah McDonald’s early Monday morning, but didn’t order any food.

Police say the 37-year-old — who was in a white sedan — pulled out a gun and demanded cash.

“Give me all the money from the cash register and don’t call your manager or I will shoot you in the face and kill you,” according to a report.

Torres Peraza was later arrested and charged with armed robbery. He was released from jail on bond late Monday.

According to police, Torres Peraza went through the drive-thru of the McDonald’s at 7155 W. Fourth Ave., just before 1:30 a.m. Monday.

The cashier, fearing for his life, handed over an undisclosed amount of money.

Torres Peraza then drove off. At about 2 a.m., a Miami police officer pulled him over for a traffic stop at Northwest 11th Street and 27th Avenue.

He told officers he had a gun with a permit inside his white Hyundai Accent. Meanwhile, officers learned there had been an armed robbery in Hialeah.

According to the report, Torres Peraza matched the physical description, as did the car.

The victim was brought to where Torres Peraza had been stopped and identified him as the robber, police said.

Torres Peraza denied committing the robbery, according to the report.

This story was originally published April 20, 2020 at 9:10 PM.

Carli Teproff
Miami Herald
Carli Teproff grew up in Northeast Miami-Dade and graduated from Florida International University in 2003. She became a full-time reporter for the Miami Herald in 2005 and now covers breaking news.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER