Doral City Council members will be meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 10 at 9 a.m. and at 6 p.m. for their monthly meeting. The morning session will mostly include the consent agenda. The evening session will include discussions and resolutions.
▪ The Florida Department of Transportation will be giving a updated presentation on the NW 25th Street viaduct project that will separate truck traffic and regular traffic, resulting in less congested roads.
▪ Councilwoman Rodriguez has requested a discussion based on a recent Miami Herald article “Study ranks Miami in bottom five cities to live as a veteran.”
▪ The City Manager is authorized to negotiate and enter into an agreement with Florida Highway Patrol for the construction of the Illuminated Bicycle and Pedestrian Trail (Greenway Trail) on NW 50th Street from NW 112th Avenue to NW 107th Avenue. The cost is not to exceed $562,080.
▪ Council members will vote on whether the city’s longtime city clerk Barbara Herrera should be fired. Doral Councilman Pete Cabrera is requesting the Council’s support in seeking her termination. In his request to fire the clerk, he contends that when he was previously on the Council, he saw Herrera come in to work late and overlook documents. However, Herrera contends that the move is retaliatory for a lawsuit she filed against him for gender discrimination in the workplace in 2009.
▪ A discussion to change Council meeting schedules from having two split sessions (9 a.m. and 6 p.m.) once a month, to one single council meeting a month at 6 p.m. Councilwoman Christi Fraga is sponsoring the item, with the hope that this will allow residents to have a better chance at participating and taking part in discussions.
Follow @MoniqueOMadan on Twitter.