Driving on the Dolphin Expressway will be even more frustrating than usual in the next couple of days.
Starting at 10 p.m. Sunday, nine different exit/entrance ramps to and from State Road 836 will shut down from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning. This schedule will continue through Tuesday. The exits and ramps affected are:
- the eastbound exit ramp to Northwest 57th Avenue
- the eastbound entrance ramp from Northwest 57th Avenue
- the westbound entrance ramp from Northwest 12th Drive/Northwest 45th Avenue
- the eastbound entrance ramp from southbound Northwest 42nd Avenue/Le Jeune Road
- the westbound entrance ramp from northbound Northwest 42nd Avenue/Le Jeune Road
- the westbound exit ramp to Northwest 37th Avenue
- the westbound entrance ramp from southbound Northwest 27th Avenue
- the eastbound entrance ramp from Northwest 27th Avenue
- the eastbound exit ramp to Northwest 27th Avenue
During those same days, several streets in the county will be completely closed for construction from 10 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. They include:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
- all lanes on Northwest 45th Avenue between Northwest 12th Drive and Northwest Ninth Street
- all lanes on Northwest 14th Street between Northwest 42nd Avenue/Le Jeune Road and Northwest 37th Avenue
- all lanes east and westbound on Northwest 12th Street between Northwest 87th Avenue and Northwest 84th Avenue and alternatively between Northwest 84th Avenue and Northwest 82nd Avenue
- all lanes on Northwest 29th Avenue between Northwest 14th Street and Northwest 11th Street
- all lanes on Northwest 34th Avenue between Northwest 11th Street and Northwest 14th Street
The Miami-Dade Expressway Authority is closing the roads because of barrier wall demolitions, bride and drainage work and paving.
In addition, the entrance ramp to Eastbound 836 from Le Jeune Road is closed for reconstruction until the end of December. Drivers should follow posted detour signs.