Miami-Dade police detectives are looking for a fourth man believed to be involved in a slaughterhouse that was closed earlier this month after a five-month-long investigation.
Two men were immediately arrested, but police said Monday a third man had since turned himself in and a fourth believed to be involved. Henry Gustavo Parra Oporta, 37, was still on the loose.
Detectives on Monday also released video of Coco Farm, 11800 NW 41st St., showing investigators rushing in to help chickens, goats and pigs after learning that the farm operated as an illegal slaughterhouse.
On March 12, Miami-Dade police announced the culmination of the investigation into the 200-acre farm. The bust was a collaboration between the department's organized crime section, Animal Recovery Mission, and the State Attorney's Office. Police said animals were starved, dehydrated and slaughtered in vicious ways. Over 3,000 animals were recovered on the property. About 100 animals had to be euthanized and the remaining 2,900 animals were doled out to different sanctuaries around the state.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Gregorio Santa Ana, 69, and Jose Armando Solis, 35, were immediately arrested. Santa Ana was charged with 21 counts of cruelty to animals, three counts of illegally confining them without food and water and two counts of illegally shackling them with intent to kill. As of Monday, he remained in jail on a $169,000 bond. Solis was charged with five counts of cruelty to animals and two counts of confining them without food or water. Solis also remained in jail on a $19,000 bond.
On March 14, 2015, Ruben M. Rodriguez, another owner, turned himself in to police and he faces charges including 10 counts of animal cruelty with intent to kill, five counts cruelty to animals and one count of illegally confining them without food or water. He remains in jail on a $62,000 bond.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS (8477.)