Air rescue rushed a man to the hospital after an explosion at a Weston community pool on Wednesday.
City officials said the explosion occurred while a maintenance worker was mixing cleaning chemicals in a spray bottle when it exploded in his hand near the pool at 1501 Coronado Road.
Officials said that the worker may have lost several fingers in the chemical explosion.
Hazmat crews responded to the scene.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
The victim was taken to Broward Health Medical Center. His condition is unknown at this time.