Two fires left two Broward County families temporarily homeless, but no one — human or animal — was injured.
A Plantation family located in the 900 block of Southwest 42nd Avenue was displaced after a dryer fire, said Plantation Fire Rescue. The Red Cross was called.
The family, along with their four cats, dog and rabbit were unharmed, rescuers said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
In Lauderdale Lakes, six adults were displaced after a kitchen fire scorched their house on the 3000 block of Northwest 32nd Street just before 7 p.m., according to Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue.