Are you — or your employees — struggling to find an affordable home?
You’re not alone. A recent Miami Herald report detailed South Florida’s workforce housing crunch and its toll on the economy.
What can be done? That’s the topic of a free Miami Herald community event, hosted by the Miami-Dade Beacon Council at the council’s downtown Miami offices. (Note the change from previous announcements.)
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
Join the discussion as experts from private enterprise, not-for-profit groups and government discuss measures under way and under consideration.
Slated speakers include Carlos Fernandez-Guzman, president and CEO of Pacific National Bank and co-chair of a housing solutions task force at the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce; Andrew Frey, founder and principal, Tecela real-estate development; Stuart Kennedy, director of program strategy and innovation, The Miami Foundation; Albert Milo, senior vice president, Related Urban Development; Jason Smith, legislative director for Miami-Dade Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava; and Ned Murray, co-director, FIU Metropolitan Center.
▪ Date: Feb. 23
▪ Time: 8 a.m. networking, 8:30-10 a.m. discussion
▪ NEW Location: Offices of the Miami-Dade Beacon Council, 80 SW Eighth St., Suite 2400, Miami; (entrance on the corner of Southwest First Avenue and Southwest Ninth Street
▪ Transit: MetroRail Brickell Station
▪ Parking: Mary Brickell Village or Brickell City Centre
▪ Free registration: midmarket.bpt.me