Video: How to stuff a turkey cavity for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday, but that doesn’t mean everything is shut down like a hurricane is approaching. Here’s a list of retail and government entities and their Thursday status.
Supermarkets and groceries: Check with your independent grocers and corner bodegas. In fact, we suggest asking these stores their hours on various holidays. You never know when somebody will decide to binge half the package of rolls, uncooked.
▪ Publix and Trader Joe’s are closed.
▪ Winn-Dixie stores are open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
▪ Sedano’s stores are open 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
▪ Milam’s Markets are open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
▪ The Fresh Market locations are open 8 a.m. (7 a.m. in Coconut Grove) to 3 p.m.
▪ Whole Foods Markets are open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., 3 p.m. on South Beach. The downtown Miami location is open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
▪ Target stores are opening at 5 p.m. and closing at 1 a.m.
▪ Family Dollar stores are open until 10 p.m.
▪ For Walmart, phone your preferred location.
Pharmacy chains: Stand alone Walgreens are open and the pharmacies are open, either 24 hours, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., depending on location. CVS and Navarro stores are likely open. Phone location for hours. For CVS, phone your location.
Post Office: Closed and no mail delivery.
Stock Markets: American exchanges are closed.
Garbage pickup: Miami, Miami-Dade County and Coral Gables will have regular pickup on Thursday. Miami Beach will not.
Malls: Aventura, The Falls, Merrick Park, Brickell City Centre, Bal Harbour Shops, Miami Design District and Southland Mall all are closed. Open malls are Dadeland Mall (5 p.m. to 1 a.m.), Dolphin Mall (10 a.m. to midnight), Miami International Mall (5 p.m. to 1 a.m.) and Sawgrass Mills (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
Mass Transit: Metrobus, Metrorail, Metromover and Broward County Transit will follow a Sunday schedule. Brightline is running. Tri-Rail is running on a weekend schedule.