The Miami Surf Archive Project will host its official launch party Thursday, March 24 at 7 p.m. at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens (2000 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach). The event is free and open to the public.
RSVP for the event by sending an email to MiamiSurfArchive@gmail.com
The cultural, non-profit organization is dedicated to the preservation, presentation and promotion of surfing in Miami-Dade for the appreciation and education of current and future generations around the world.
The launch party will build awareness of the organization and its mission within the community. Expect a crowd of 200 – 300 individuals from ages ranging from 14 to 70 and all united by their love for surfing. A ticket purchase will be necessary for food ($5-$10), drinks ($4) and raffle entry ($5).
During the event there will be:
- screening of historic surfing footage
- slide show of historic surf images
- display of historically significant surfboards
- ticketed bar serving beer, wine, liquor and non-alcoholic beverages
- ticketed menu serving fish tacos and other fare
- raffle of donated items
- musical performance by Mike Maytin
The party also serves as a fundraiser for the organization.
Sponsors for the event include:
- 42Below Vodka
- Barefoot Wine and Bubbly
- Kona Beer
- Jefe’s Original Fish Taco and Burgers
- Sector 9 Skateboards
- Skull Candy
- American Surf Systems
- Sea Specs
- Kulcha Shok Muzik
- Surf Bus
- Athens Juice Bar
- F1rst Surf Shop
- Recon Paddleboards
- Island Water Sports
- South Beach Dive and Surf