August 5 – 8
Hilton Diplomat Resort & Spa
3555 S. Ocean Dr, Hollywood
The National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) brings its 23rd Annual Conference in South Florida this year under the theme, “The Family Business” with business leaders, entrepreneurs, and celebrity guests expected to attend the three-day business conference. Among the highlights of the series of events is the Chairman’s Welcome Reception to kick off the conference, a red carpet VIP film screening for the upcoming release “The Man in 3B,” the Young Entrepreneurs Business Pitch Competition with celebrity judges J. Alexander Martin (co-founder of FUBU) and actor Lamman Rucker, and the Women’s Afternoon Tea, featuring Judge Glenda Hatchett.
This year’s theme encompasses the unity of entrepreneurs of the African diaspora as one big extended family and recognizes successful family founded corporations. Attendees can expect high level executives and entrepreneurs to be connected through a series of networking events, panel discussions, and useful resources.
A full conference schedule can be viewed online at NBCCNow2015.org. Some events to note include the following:
Panel discussions and roundtables on a range of topics including capital access, procurement,
- A discussion on the viability of HBCUs
- Pass The Torch Young Entrepreneurs Business Pitch Competition and mentorship panel with celebrity judges Lamman Rucker (Why Did I Get Married?), FUBU co-founder J. Alexander Martin, and Slip-n-Slide Records CEO Ted Lucas
- Women’s Afternoon Tea featuring Judge Glenda Hatchet, Dr. Rosalyn Artist (President of Florida Memorial University, and actress and celebrity photographer Chenoa Maxwell
- “The Man in 3B” VIP film screening featuring cast members Lamman Rucker, Christian Keyes, and Brely Evans
- Fashion Means Business charity celebrity runway whow hosted by actress Brely Evans
- Morning fitness and nutrition sessions presented by the Women Arena Football League