Lords, ladies and wenches, grab your swords, button up your bodices and get ready for the latest Ren-Fest chapter, with six themed weekends through March 15. Here is the schedule so you can plan your outfit accordingly.
- Swashbucklers & Sirens Weekend– Feb. 7-8 – The village is overrun with rogues and scallywags on this Pirate-themed weekend.
- Time Travelers Weekend– Feb 14-16 – Anything goes, from Victorian steampunk to Cosplay to “Back to the Future.”
- Wenches Weekend – “Bodacious Bodices” – Feb. 21- 22 – Pamper your inner bad-girl this weekend, where the ladies are the lords andrule the land. Bold and bawdy, this weekend belongs to the lasses and their ample assets.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
- Voyage to the Orient– Feb. 28 and Mar. 1 – This weekend brings us to the Far East! While Europe was experiencing the advent of the Renaissance, rich cultural traditions had been prominent for centuries on the other side of the world. Journey with us to discover the Orient ofMarco Polo’s time and experience the sights and sounds of Shogun, Samurai, and the unbroken Ming dynasty that ruled China for almost 300 years.
- Dragons & Wizards and Thrones, Oh My! – Mar. 7-8 – One does not simply walk into Mordor, but you can walk directly out of the pages of your favorite books! From the Red Wedding to the Shire, join us as we fill our village with Hobbits, Wizards, Dragons, White Walkers, Fairies and Elves.
- Kilts & Colleens – St. Patrick’s Weekend – Mar. 14-15 – Celebrate the luck and culture of the Irish, the Scottish and the Celtic traditions of the North Seas! Grab your kilt and get your Celt on!
In between, enjoy more than 100 costumed performers, 10 stages with continuous entertainment and 20 stage acts from around the world. 10 a.m.-sunset Saturday and Sunday, running on weekends through March 15, at Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach; www.ren-fest.com; $21, $9 kids 6-11, free for 5 and under.