It’s getting to be that time of year where it’s impossible to go more than a few days without a worthwhile food event. Here’s a look at several in the coming weeks:
• OktoberFeast: Sample unlimited beer from J. Wakefield, MIA Brewing, Wynwood Brewing and more along with a caja china roasted pig and homemade sausages from chef Aaron Brooks. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 21 at Edge Steak & Bar, 1435 Brickell Ave., Miami. $55; edgeoktoberfeast.eventbrite.com.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
• Eve of Prohibition Ball: Chef Adrianne Calvo hosts her annual charity gala to benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of South Florida. 7 p.m. Oct. 23 at the Westin Colonnade, 180 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. $150-$250; darkdiningmiami.com.
• Wine on Harvest Moon: The Deering Estate Foundation’s 14th annual fundraiser at the historic Deering Estate is themed Spirits, Spells & American Lore. 7:30-10:30 p.m. Oct. 24 at Deering Estate, 16701 SW 72nd Ave., Palmetto Bay. $150-$175; deeringestate.com.
• Let’s Eat Beer Dinner: A five-course, five-beer dinner with Samuel Adams pairings, plus reception brews and mojitos. Tickets include two GA admissions (a $120 value) to Coral Gables’ upcoming Burgerliscious event next month. 6:30 p.m. Oct. 26 at Tarpon Bend Raw Bar & Grill, 65 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables. $80; 305-444-3210.
• March of Dimes: The 18th annual Signature Chefs Auction to benefit March of Dimes includes a walk-around food-and-wine tasting event followed by seated dinner and spirited live auction. 6:30-9:30 p.m. Oct. 29 at the Westin Colonnade, 180 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. Tickets from $300; 305-477-1192, signaturechefs.org/miami.
• Giralda Under the Stars: More than a dozen restaurants on Giralda Avenue’s Restaurant Row in Coral Gables will host diners al fresco the first Friday of each month from November through April. The street closes to pedestrian traffic after 7 p.m. for guests to enjoy outdoor dining and live entertainment. Begins Nov. 6. shopcoralgables.com.
• Taco & Tequila Showdown: Some of Miami’s top chefs will compete in this charity cookoff organized by The Liquid Projects and MIAbites, to benefit the Urban Oasis Project. 6-9 p.m. Nov. 8 at the Vagabond, 7301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. $65-$70; eventbrite.com.
• Giada De Laurentiis: A moderated chat and Q&A with the Emmy Award-winning Food Network star. 7:30 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts, 2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs. $40-$150; coralspringscenterforthearts.com.
• Fall Seasonal Beer Dinner: Chef Anthony Dominguez crafts a four-course, four-beer dinner full of fall flavors. Nov. 14 at AQ by Acqualina, 17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach. $60; 855-820-1181.
• Burger Battle on Krome: Homestead Main Street Organization hosts its third annual burger competition with 11 local restaurants battling it out along with live music and an antique car show. 6-10 p.m. Nov. 14 at Losner Park in Homestead. Free admission.
• Miami Gardens Wine & Food Experience: Councilwoman Lisa C. Davis presents the city’s inaugural food fest with all-inclusive wine, music, live entertainment and more. 6 p.m.-midnight Nov. 14 at the city’s Municipal Complex, 18605 NW 27th Ave. $65-$125; miamigardenswinefoodexp.com.
Evan S. Benn is Miami Herald food editor: 305-376-4624, @EvanBenn