News

Alix Earle is going through it on ‘DWTS.’ Miami influencer shows off injuries

Alix Earle and Val Chmerkovskiy .
Alix Earle and Val Chmerkovskiy . Disney/Andrew Eccles

Alix Earle doesn’t have time for the pain.

The local influencer is already killing it out on the floor on “Dancing with the Stars,” but her body isn’t 100 percent cooperating as she heads into episode two Tuesday night.

In Sunday’s GRWM TikTok, Earle, in a robe, talks to the camera as she draws a bath and lists off her physical gripes. Current problem areas include a bruised collarbone, broken toenail and bum knee.

”Week 2 is not going as smoothly for big Al, hahaha,” said the caption.

@alixearle

Week 2 is not going as smoothly for big al hahaha

♬ original sound - Alix Earle

“I don’t think I can walk,” complained Earle, adding she felt like she had been tumbling around in a drying machine with every part of her anatomy banged up.

But the UM alum — as her legions of followers know — is a pro, and is totally game to keep it moving. She and her partner Val Chmerkovskiy already scored 13 out of 20 points during last Tuesday’s premiere while doing the cha-cha to Britney Spears’ “Circus.” The pair is currently in third place as they approach a double-elimination round.

Did the 24-year-old New Jersey native sign up for some routines that are out of her comfort zone? Definitely.

“There’s some tricks and things that I just can’t do, but I’m like, ‘Oh, I’ll do it. I’m gonna work and get it,” said Earle, adding, “I’m starting to doubt myself a little bit.”

Regardless, Earle said she’s laser focused and locked in, which could help her eventually win the mirrorball trophy.

“I don’t know the last time in the past three years that I have, like, dedicated this much time to something ... This has just become my everything,” she said. “I’ve completely changed my entire life schedule. I’m going to bed early every night. I have really nothing else going on besides dancing every day.”

This story was originally published September 23, 2025 at 4:03 PM.

Madeleine Marr
Miami Herald
Celebrity/real time news reporter Madeleine Marr has been with The Miami Herald since 2003. She has covered such features as travel, fashion and food. In 2007, she helped launch the newspaper’s daily People Page, attending red carpet events, awards ceremonies and press junkets; interviewing some of the biggest names in show business; and hosting her own online show. She is originally from New York City.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER