Schools have canceled classes and outdoor activities ahead of Hurricane Sandy.
• All outdoor after-school activities, including football games, are canceled at Miami-Dade, Broward, Archdiocese of Miami, Gulliver and Belen Jesuit Preparatory schools.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• After-care is canceled at archdiocese schools.
• Classes for all archdiocese schools in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties — as well as Gulliver and Belen schools — are canceled.
• Monroe public schools will be closed.
• In Broward, outdoor activities are canceled or postponed. Football and swimming events will be held instead on Saturday or Monday, according to the Broward County Athletic Association.
• Miami-Dade schools have not decided on cancellations of Friday activities.
• The Belen homecoming game against Mater Academy has been cancelled. The homecoming dance will continue as scheduled.
This report will be updated as more information becomes available.
Follow @Cveiga on Twitter.