If you’re a dedicated poker player — like, you average two hours a day — the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino has a free tournament for you.
The first 250 players who log at least 60 hours this month qualify for the tournament, at 3 p.m. March 30.
The prizes? More poker.
The first- and second-place winners of the tournament receive an entry into the WPT Hard Rock Showdown on April 17. That event carries a $10,000 buy-in.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Miami Herald
Third through seventh get a $3,500 entry into the Showdown Championship on April 15 and even finishing 35th nets a $300 entry into a satellite event.
There also are advantages for logging even more than 60 hours in a month. Those who log at least 90 hours or above (that’s three hours a day) this month start the tournament with 9,000 chips, and those with at least 75 hours get 7,000. Everyone else starts with 5,000 — and a lot of experience already this month.
Hialeah Park’s big March poker event is a $50,000 guarantee that players can enter for $100 at 11 a.m. or 7 p.m. March 21-25. The tournament concludes March 26. There also are $25 satellites (one seat for every five entries) at noon and 7 p.m. Sundays March 13 and 20 and Friday, March 28.
There also are $75 tournaments with $5,000 guarantees at 7 p.m. Monday, March 14 and 28 and at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 12 and 19. A $10K guarantee for $100 is at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, March 16 and 30.
▪ Calder slot players still can gather drawing entries for the casino’s “Decide Your Ride” giveaway March 26. The winner gets a choice of a Buick Verano, Buick Encore or GMC Canyon. Calder patrons can earn an entry for the drawing every Thursday through Saturday with every 10 slot points.
▪ Tony Succar performs what is billed as “A Latin Michael Jackson Tribute” at 9 p.m. Saturday at Casino Miami. Admission is free.
▪ Foreigner (“Juke Box Hero,” “Feels Like The First Time,” “Urgent,” “Cold As Ice” and “I Want To Know What Love Is”) plays South Florida back-to-backs, at 8 p.m. Friday at The Casino @ Dania Beach and 8 p.m. Saturday at Magic City Casino. Tickets start at $40 on Friday and $25 on Saturday. Go to CasinoDaniaBeach.com or MagicCityCasino.com.
▪ Mardi Gras marks Saturday — the time we spring forward with our clocks — via “Lose an Hour, Gain Some Cash.” Every 30 minutes from 9 p.m. to midnight, two slot players who have earned at least 20 points will be picked to choose a number on the clock, which corresponds to a cash prize.
▪ Seminole Casino Coconut Creek gives away $100,000 on Saturday and $50,000 on Sunday. Each hour from 4-11 p.m. Saturday, 10 players each hour will be called to play a game on the interactive video wall. Prizes vary. Each hour from 6-10 p.m. Sunday, three players go for big loot, while seven others receive instant $250 free play.
Get daily gambling news at Nick Sortal’s gambling blog, SouthFloridaGambling.com.