Voters must be registered with the Florida Democratic Party or the Republican Party of Florida to vote during the state’s March 15 presidential preference primary. Other registered voters will only be able to vote for other local issues on their ballot. The deadline to register to vote or update party affiliation in time for the primary was Feb. 16. Eligible voters have three ways to vote:
▪ Early voting: You may cast your ballot at any early voting site in the county where you’re registered to vote starting Feb. 29 in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties and March 5 in Broward. You must bring a current and valid identification that contains your name, photograph and signature. Your voter information card is not required, but it will expedite your check-in process.
▪ Absentee voting: The deadline to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you is 5 p.m. March 9. Otherwise, an absentee ballot can be picked up through Election Day. It must be received by the Supervisor of Elections no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day to count. Other return options are available for overseas voters.
▪ Election Day voting: You must cast your ballot in person at your designated polling place on March 15. The polls are open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Anyone waiting in line at 7 p.m. will have the opportunity to cast a ballot. As with early voting, you must bring a current and valid identification that contains your name, photograph and signature, and your voter information card is not required.
Never miss a local story.
Miami-Dade County early voting
Early voting in Miami-Dade County will go on for 14 days and be available at 20 sites. It starts Monday and ends March 13. Sites will be open:
▪ Feb. 29-March 4: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
▪ March 5-6: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
▪ March 7-11: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
▪ March 12-13: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Broward County early voting
Early voting in Broward County will last nine days. It starts March 5 and ends March 13. The 20 sites will be open:
▪ Daily: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Monroe County early voting
Early voting in Monroe County will go on for 13 days. It starts Monday and ends March 12. The five sites will be open:
▪ Daily: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.