Palette Magazine

Palette Magazine

Puerto Rico's gay and hipster haven

I’ve hit the bars too early.Like, way too early. It’s a hot Thursday evening in San Juan, approaching midnight, and popular LGBTQnightclub Circo is barely getting started. A millennial lesbian in clingy, velvety bellbottoms belts out a karaoke version of Celine Dion’s “Because You Loved Me” on a small stage while a handful of friends look on, supportively, nursing cocktails. Hoping for a glimpse of San Juan’s outrageously talented drag queens in action – two standouts, Rochelle Mon Cheri and Queen Bee Ho’, appeared in the excellent 2014 documentary, Mala Mala — I saunter across the street to Scandalo.

Palette Magazine

Meet Key West anomaly Richard Quint

Key West. It’s the southernmost city in the continental United States. It’s closer to Cuba than it is to the nearest Wal-Mart and It’s the end of the road for all sorts of eccentric characters and inveterate wanderers. It isn’t too much of a stretch to say that Richard Quint is one of them.

Palette Magazine

Eat healthy with meal delivery services

This is indeed the season of plenty. From the multiple gatherings and seemingly endless lists, to the crazy traffic at shopping malls and increasing stress, many of us wake up on New Year’s Day, bleary-eyed, reeling from a hang over that has more to do with the frenzy than the bubbly.

Palette Magazine

Holiday Gift Guide: Stuff that Stocking

There’s something incredibly rewarding about finding the perfect gift for the right person. Sometimes it’s about getting your loved ones something they need. But more often, it’s about sharing a moment that says “I know you so well!” Here are some great ideas for anyone on your list. Happy Holidays!

Follow us!

Facebook Google Plus Twitter Instagram

News in your email

LGBTQ South Florida Newsletter

(Sent Mondays through Fridays)

Steve Rothaus brings you the latest in the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
Sign-up here

More from Palette Magazine

Videos

Florida Panthers win again, set franchise record

Vincent Trocheck scored in the final seconds of Florida's 2-1 win at St. Louis on Monday night. The Panthers swept a five-game road trip for the first time in franchise history.
George Richards grichards@miamiherald.com
Florida Panthers win again, set franchise record 1:16

Florida Panthers win again, set franchise record

Intellectually-impaired teen locked in legal limbo 3:45

Intellectually-impaired teen locked in legal limbo

He stopped in a convenience store for a snack, then an SUV plows through 2:08

He stopped in a convenience store for a snack, then an SUV plows through

Drone view of SpaceX’s Falcon 9 landing 0:56

Drone view of SpaceX’s Falcon 9 landing

Follow Us on Twitter