Hispanicize, the annual weeklong networking conference for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in journalism, marketing, entertainment and tech entrepreneurship, is getting a big boost for its seventh edition.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, Comcast, MSNBC and NBC News have signed on as media partners for the 2016 event, to be held April 4-8 at the InterContinental Hotel in downtown Miami, the companies announced.
The conference is presented by Hispanicize, a network of companies catering to Spanish speakers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, including the Hispanic PR Blog and DiMe Media. The event is designed to be a launching pad for creative endeavors, new products, technologies, marketing campaigns, films and books.
Never miss a local story.
Through its new media partners, the conference will expand its reach via TV news reports and specials, along with social media.
“We’re very honored to have the full strength of the NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, Comcast, MSNBC and NBC News families partner with us to highlight the stories, issues and influencers that Hispanicize will showcase in 2016,” said Manny Ruiz, founder of Hispanicize. “The scope and scale of this partnership is unprecedented in our history and underscores why Hispanicize is more poised than ever to be the place where major newsmakers will gather and where significant decisions and announcements impacting U.S. Latinos will take place.”
“As the Spanish language broadcast network with the largest social footprint in America, we are proud to be partnering with Hispanicize to leverage such a significant gathering of influencers,” said Borja Perez, senior vice president of Digital and Social Media, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises. “By being Presenting Media Partners, we look forward to working with the Hispanicize team to make this event bigger than ever.”
More than 3,000 guests are expected to attend this year’s lineup of events, which include:
▪ The Tecla Awards: The second annual so-called “Oscars” of multicultural digital influencers in social media, entertainment and marketing, featuring a red carpet ceremony and live musical performances.
▪ DiMe Summit: A daylong creative and educational retreat for digital content creators, curated by the DiMe Media network.
▪ National Association of Hispanic Journalists Convention for Spanish-speaking Journalists: For the first time in Hispanicize’s history, the NAHJ will hold a weeklong series of sessions and workshops during the event.
▪ Hispanicize Music Festival: A series of live concerts during the event. Previous performers included Chino y Nacho, Luis Fonsi and Gente de Zona.
▪ Positive Impact Awards: A gala recognizing Latinos whose work has improved their communities, presented by Prudential Financial.
▪ Hispanicize Film Festival: Screenings of feature-length and short films, starring or produced by Latino filmmakers.
All-access badges to the event range from $225-$650 (hotel accommodations not included). Preregistration required. For more information, click here or call 877-505-0688.