The Miami Design District presents Role Play at the Moore Building in partnership with Phillips and Loewe. The traveling/selling exhibition is a celebration of the work of internationally acclaimed photographer Steven Meisel. Included in the show are 25 images capturing some of Meisel’s most notable contributions to fashion photography. Role Play is open to the public through June 10. 191 NE 40th St., Miami. miamidesigndistrict.net, 305-722-7100.
Also in town:
▪ M+V Art is celebrating its second anniversary with “Abstracting the Grid,” an exhibition showing the work of photographer Leo Matiz and artist Ramon Laserna in a side-by-side arrangement. The show is on view through Aug. 21. Open to the public 10 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays, 2750 NW 3rd Ave., #11, Miami; 786-431-1186 or www.mvart.co.
▪ Sprayskull, a solo exhibition by graffiti and urban artist Remote, is on view for three nights from 6-10 p.m. June 11-13 at 3801 N. Miami Ave., Miami. grafftoyz.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Yo Miami is launching a site-specific spinoff of its monthly Average Joe Art Sale at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 13, with works by six artists and live painting at the new Concrete Beach Brewery, 325 NW 24th St., Miami. yo-miami.com or concretebeachbrewery.com.
▪ BB Americas, formerly known as Banco do Brasil Americas, presents “Color Beyond Symmetry and Horizons” at BB Americas’ Brickell branch, 800 Brickell Ave., #103, Miami. Curators Maria A. Napoles and Jade Matarazzo assembled a selection of works by two painters, Robert Swedroe and Didi Marchi, and sculptor Othón Castañeda.The exhibition is on view weekdays from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. June 11-Sept. 30. bbamericas.com, 305-350-1100.
▪ Mindy Solomon Gallery presents the first Miami show by artist Christina West, featuring boldly colored figurative sculptures in mid-movement. “Intimate Strangers” is on view this month through July 3 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday to Sunday and Tuesday and Wednesday by appointment, 172 NW 24th St., Miami. mindysolomon.com or 786-953-6917.
▪ Diana Lowenstein Gallery unveils two shows with an opening reception Saturday, June 13, from 6-9 p.m. “Collages & Drawings” by Alejandra Padilla and “My Parallel Universe” by Chu Teppa will be on view through July 31. 2043 N. Miami Ave., Miami. dianalowensteingallery.com, 305-576-1804. The gallery is open 10-5 p.m. Tuesday to Friday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday (with the exception of Art Walk).
▪ An opening reception for Peggy Levison Nolan’s “Anonymous: The Fractured Histories of Found Photographs” at Dina Mitrani Gallery is at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 11. The show runs through Aug. 29. Gallery hours are 1-5 p.m. Tuesday to Friday, noon-4 p.m. Saturday, and Monday by appointment. 2620 NW 2nd Ave., Miami. dinamitranigallery.com, 786-468-7248.
▪ WYN 317 Gallery is previewing its “MIA vs. NYC” group show Thursday, June 11, from 6-9 p.m., followed by an opening reception Saturday, June 13, from 6-9 p.m. 167 NW 25th St., Miami. wyn317.com, 305-761-1116.
▪ Art|Bastion is hosting a Spritz Glitz Party from 7-10 p.m. Tuesday, June 2, in remembrance of Santiago Huertas, a Miami artist who passed away in May at age 16 after battling leukemia. His original pieces will be accompanied by Xerxes Carruana’s jewelry and additional works by Darya Warner. 2085 NW 2nd Ave., Miami. artbastion.com, 305-509-8338.
▪ The Ricart Gallery is focusing on Cuban contemporary art this month with works by Yoavani Caisé, Arturo Montoto, Nadal, Jose Luis Montero and Canga. The gallery will also display Diego Torres and Ania Toledo. 444 NW 28th St., Miami. ricartgallerymiami.com, 305-576-5000.
▪ Waltman Ortega Fine Art presents “Empirical Urbanism,” an exhibition with Jorge Enrique, Jean-Pierre Attal, Stevens Dossou-Yovo and Aleix Plademunt. An opening reception is from 5-9 p.m. Saturday, June 13, and the show will be on view through July 31. The gallery is open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday. 2233 NW 2nd Ave., Miami. waltmanortega.com, 305-576-5335.
▪ Photographer Peter Emanuel Goldman’s “Love, Despair and Longing: New York - Paris 1962-1968” is on view at Art Media Gallery through July 12. Open to the public 10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays. 2750 NW 3rd Ave., #12, Miami. artmediaus.com, 305-318-8306.
▪ The Projects Contemporary Art Space at FATVillage Arts District presents “Felt, Sew, Knot, Bound” with works by 11 local artists such as Bianca Pratorius, Karelle Levy, Carlos Alejandro, and Karina Pais. Leah Brown, Martin Casuso and Peter Symons curated the group exhibit. A reception is scheduled during the area’s monthly Art Walk from 6-10 p.m. Saturday, June 27. 523 NW 1st Ave., Fort Lauderdale. fatvillageprojects.com, 523Projects@gmail.com.