If you’re a University of Miami or Notre Dame fan, get your sunscreen ready and head to the Coral Gables campus before 9 a.m. Saturday.
ESPN’s College GameDay is cordially requesting your presence.
UM made it official Wednesday that ESPN’s College GameDay morning broadcast will indeed be on the Coral Gables campus for the first time Saturday at the school’s Lakeside Patio.
The wildly popular three-hour show, which debuted in 1987 and has been broadcasting on location from college campuses coast to coast since 1993, reviews the big games and most interesting matchups of the day. Its arrrival in Coral Gables will be in anticipation of the prime-time ABC broadcast of No. 7 Miami (8-0, 6-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) and No. 3 Notre Dame (8-1) at 8 p.m. at Hard Rock Stadium.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
College GameDay is broadcast from 9 a.m. to noon.
Here’s what you need to know, per UM:
▪ The main stage will be set up on the north end of the patio, between the Donna E. Shalala Student Center and the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.
▪ The event is free and open to the public. Fans may begin arriving to the “Pit” area in front of the stage on a first-come, first-served basis at 5 a.m. The Pit opens at 6:30 a.m.
▪ There will be overflow viewing areas around Lake Osceola and the Rock Plaza. Attendees can park at the Merrick and Pavia Garages, which are best accessed off Stanford Drive. Both garages will open at 5 a.m.
▪ Fans entering the pit will be screened and wanded by security.
▪ No bags, backpacks or purses permitted in the pit.
▪ No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (no political, religious, or .com, .org, or .net signage).
▪ No signs or flags on a stick/pole, etc.
▪ No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards.
▪ No food or drinks.
▪ Throwing of objects is prohibited.
This will be Miami’s 19th appearance as either the visiting or home team at the College GameDay site and UM’s first appearance since Nov. 2, 2013, when No. 7 Miami got trounced by No. 3 FSU 41-14.
This is the seventh time College GameDay has been to Miami for a Hurricanes game, but the show’s first visit to Coral Gables. UM has a 5-1 record in the previous six games. Overall, this is the 338th road show in College GameDay’s history, which has featured trips to 69 campuses and 81 locations.