University of Miami football fans will have their day Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.
It’s CanesFest, the fan festival that enables UM followers to meet their favorite Hurricanes and get their autographs, buy season tickets, let the kids loose with interactive games and, generally, have a great time.
CanesFest runs from noon to 4 p.m. — after the Hurricanes wrap up their first scrimmage of the fall.
The scrimmage is closed to the public, and the stadium will be off-limits while it’s in progress.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
“What an awesome day,’’ UM coach Mark Richt said Friday. “It’s a celebration of Miami football for our fans and for our players and their parents. We spend a little time with the parents prior to going to the crowd so they can have their pictures with their young men in their jerseys. They have a nice meal with their players.
“It’ll be a great day.”
Parking is free. Use Gate 4 to access the parking lots.
According to a UM release, the event includes:
- Exclusive season ticket holder activities and experiences
- Behind the scenes stadium tours
- Select-a-Seat season ticket opportunities
- Photo opportunities with cheerleaders, the Maniac & Sebastian the Ibis
- Fan zone interactive activities
- Giveaways for kids
- Face Painter
- Balloon Animals
Fans who want player autographs must obtain a voucher to gain access to the autograph line. Autograph voucher distribution will begin at 1 p.m. at the ticket office windows at the southwest side of the stadium.
The fan zone opens at noon and the stadium gates open at 1 p.m. The rest of the event schedule is as follows:
- Select a Seat – 1 p.m.
- Autograph Voucher Distribution – 1 p.m.
- Alumni Autographs (Featuring: Kelvin Harris, Quadtrine Hill, Roscoe Parrish & Darryl Williams) – 1:30-2:15 p.m.
- Football Team Photo (on field) – 1:45 p.m.
- Stadium Tours – 2-4 p.m.
- Football Team Autographs – 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Here’s more CanesFest information from UM.