▪ The good news injury-wise was that linebacker Michael Pinckney, who is nursing a hamstring strain/pull (Mark Richt has used both words to describe Pinckney recently), used both legs to pedal on the conditioning bike instead of just one. Pinckney’s first missed day of practice was last Thursday, and he hasn’t been back since.
▪ Evidence Njoku (hyperextended left knee) was next to Pinckney, pedaling with his right leg.
▪ The Canes’ offense once again used the Mark Light Field baseball field to practice, with N’Kosi Perry and the other quarterbacks on the infield.
▪ Receiver Lawrence Cager joined usual punt returners Jeff Thomas and DeeJay Dallas.
▪ The Canes are scrimmaging Saturday morning at Hard Rock Stadium before CanesFest. The CanesFest event, free and open to fans, is from noon to 4 p.m. at Hard Rock.
And here’s some sad news out of New Jersey about a former UM quarterback: